Has anyone lost a significant amount of weight just by walki

Options
I have a knee injury, and I'm sick of being fat! I've gone back to counting calories, keeping them around 1200. I can't do much exercise because of my knee, so I've taken to walking. Anyone had great results just by walkind and eating right?

Replies

• kellyrorie
    kellyrorie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When I first started trying to lose weight, ALL I could do was walk. I did it A LOT. My first 50 lbs can be attributed to walking and diet only. But, as you get better, increase your speed and add hills. It's very rewarding.
  • Hanna82
    Hanna82 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    my mother lost 65 pounds with the help of weight watchers. she doesn't even walk. so yes, people can lose weight just by diet alone.
  • delia030882
    Options
    I use the Wii fit and there is walking in place so far i dropped 19 lbs just by counting the calories and do the wii
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    40 lbs so far here! I am finally starting to be able to jog some. Today my NSV was that during my mile and a half walk I was able to jog about half of it which is a huge accomplishment.

Don't underestimate the benefits of walking, though, they are many.
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi there! The first time I lost weight in my 20's I only did walking but I walked at least an hour a day and as I got fitter I picked up the pace. It's also important to have a good pair of shoes if you have problems with your knees. I haven't been at my goal weight since then and I did have a lot of time on my hands at the time so that probably helped as well!!
  • shelly62475
    shelly62475 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 140lbs by eating healthy and walking on my treadmill and I also have a bad knee. Over time I was able to increase my speed and incline. So, yes it can be done! Good luck
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Walking is pretty much the only exercise I do, I'm really not a gym person. I've lost quite a bit of weight over time, I've noticed that my endurance is higher then what it used to be. I try to extend my walks for about an hour to an hour and a half and depending on the area I walk, I try to do some inclines, but with your knee you may want to take it easy on hills.
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    i started by walking then gradually added one hour of swimming and an occassional bout of 'dancing' , but basically most exercise i do is walking.. i have lost 26lbs here and a total of 30lbs from the start of my lifestyle change
  • Kwosti
    Kwosti Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I lost 25 pounds just by walking and eating right. Good luck!!