Weight Loss Competition

Options
bomomar
bomomar Posts: 94 Member
I'm looking for some people to compete with in weight loss. I'm a competitive guy and figure it might be motivational to compete against others. If you want to compete please let me know. We will come up with the rules as a group. Each week the last place finisher, in accordance of our rules, will have to donate $5.00 to a charity of your choice. Only do this if you are serious.

Replies

• kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    Options
    Im in! Competition gets me goinngg!
  • lfinley2010
    lfinley2010 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am in I love competition especially if i can gain from it..........
  • dcerna62
    dcerna62 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I like a little competition. I'll donate $5 a week to Child Advocates, an organization to help stop/prevent child abuse, even if I don't come in last :-)
  • FieldsOfAvalon
    Options
    Nice thing to add a little bonus here, the 5 dollars I mean. I'm in with 5 € / week. If I lose I mean. Or don't lose. Or... You know what I mean. :laugh:

I suggest that the loss will be counted in percentages. Either so that everyone counts themselves or then one person counts them all. It's not hard but it takes a little time.

Your weekly post could be something like

Previous weight: 200 lbs
    Current weight: 198 lbs
    Pounds dropped: -2 lbs
    Percentage: -1 %

Anyways, something simple and easy to understand. What's always an easy way to track people's success is that everyone adds their name in the list after the person above. Like this:

FieldsOfAvalon wrote:
    FieldsOfAvalon -1%

PersonaNonGrata wrote:
    PersonaNonGrata -3 %
    FieldsOfAvalon -1 %

Pinata wrote:
    PersonaNonGrata -3 %
    FieldsOfAvalon -1 %
    Pinata +1 %

And so on...
  • Monkeylost
    Monkeylost Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! Xxxx
  • bomomar
    Options
    I like the % idea...Are there any other ideas?
  • bomomar
    Options
    I think we should start on Saturday and weigh-in on Fridays. Any thoughts?
  • FieldsOfAvalon
    Options
    I like the % idea...Are there any other ideas?

I succest that the weigh-in day is Monday.
    Never mind, you got there first. Friday is fine by me.

How about those weeks if you just can't weigh yourself or you forget? Can you skip a week? How do you get back on board? On another forum there is a similar competition execpt that anyone can join at any time. It works so that anyone can tell their weight on Monday and the next Monday will be the weigh-in that counts. So if you skip a week, you have to "start over" so it takes actually two weeks to get back in the competition. Got it?

But since there's money involved, how should we deal with that?