runner with Hypoglycemia

Options
ratkaj
ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
So I'm hypoglycemic and I am a runner. This is the first summer that I have been running and I don't really know what to do. They heat kills me! I can't run very far and then I get the dizzys, tingles, and minor blackouts of vision. It takes me forever to cool down (still sweating at my desk at work) I know there has to be an answer out there but I can't seem to find it.

Does anyone else have these issues?

I opened my diary, however I have a pretty strong feeling it isn't what I'm eating but more of a technique thing.

PLEASE HELP!!

Replies

• Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Are you eating before you run?
  • jonikeffer
    jonikeffer Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    What time do you normally run? It's hard to figure out what you might improve on if we don't know what you're eating in the period before you run. Happy to look at it though, once I know where to look! :smile:
  • ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast around 8 then a snack at 9:30
    Today I ate lunch (pasta) at 11:30 so I could go running at 12:30
    Once I get back I usually have a snack (fruit, nut bars, etc) but today I had to have an emergency soda to get my sugar back.

I am not really sure what to do. I used to have "balance bars" but they don't seem to do much for me anymore. I'm not sure it's what I'm eating or if it's the heat (80 today)

Thoughts??