Emotionally Overwhelmed ! :noway:

Options
Yes, I have been feeling emotionally overwhelmed. As each winter passes I loose more weight. Now down 72 lbs. Now almost getting to my goal which we all know that last 10lbs is hard to get off.. People and men in our community are complimenting me on my weight loss. Which is good. I am not use to the attention! However I find myself wanting to eat when I am not hungry. Writing my blog today I realized this is because I am feeling overwhelmed and wondered if anyone else has experienced this?
I try to tell myself that they are just saying it to make me feel better because I have come down with MS. But, Really Not Use to people making a point to talk to me when I am out... I am a friendly and social person but usually don't go out of my way to make conversations.....

Replies

• anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    feeling overwhelmed often times can be felt as anxiety. A common symtom of Anxiety or anxious energy is the urge to munch or to snack. I don't know if you are open to meditation, but has been shown to tremendous positive effect on anxiety. If you can reduce the anxiety the urge to snack many times will go away.
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    And I have felt the urge to snack when i was feeling incredibly overwhelmed and anxiety. When I treated and resolved/ reduced my anxiety it went away. Actually I was REALLY blown away when I realized and managed my anxiety.