For all you moms out there!!

Options
2»

Replies

• mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    This book: Caring for Your Baby and Young Child, 5th Edition: Birth to Age 5 (Shelov, Caring for your Baby and Young Child, Birth to Age 5).

Someone gave it to me when my daughter was born and I loved it - answered questions on care, illnesses, etc.
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Gripe water is wonderful to help with baby hiccups and tummy troubles. Make sure you dont forget mommy. They always feel left out. Get her a little gift card to get her nails or a massage or something. Or make a little coupon for a one night stay(where if she needs some sleep where you take baby for one night) I would have loved that one. hehe Oh yea and instead of a basket to put it all in try one of them inflatable duck bath tubs.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    There are a couple things you need to get rid of.

The Baby Powder and the Oral gel --> Both are now NO longer recommended because of issues with each.

Instead of Baby Powder most Dr. will actually recommend a box of Corn Starch

I would add

There are baby powders out now that are made from cornstarch--no talc
    Johnson & Johnson has at least one (I use it for myself and my kids)
    It's lavender & chamomile scented.

Side note: ladies if you use Baby Powder, be warned. Make sure it's cornstarch & not talc/talcum powder.
    There has been research done that says talc can cause female cancers.

source: http://www.naturalpedia.com/talcum_powder.html
  • cbratthauer
    cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    There are a couple things you need to get rid of.

The Baby Powder and the Oral gel --> Both are now NO longer recommended because of issues with each.

Instead of Baby Powder most Dr. will actually recommend a box of Corn Starch

I would add

There are baby powders out now that are made from cornstarch--no talc
    Johnson & Johnson has at least one (I use it for myself and my kids)
    It's lavender & chamomile scented.

Side note: ladies if you use Baby Powder, be warned. Make sure it's cornstarch & not talc/talcum powder.
    There has been research done that says talc can cause female cancers.

source: http://www.naturalpedia.com/talcum_powder.html

Yes the baby powder I got was the cornstarch one
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    booger sucker! also walgreens has a diaper rash ointment called bottom butter and its the best! Im not even kidding.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I actually crochet baby items if you need anything.. *cough Cough* lol :)
  • Smittyinthesun2
    Options
    I'm going to suggest that you give back the Pit Bull, what a horrible gift to receive!
  • Smittyinthesun2
    Options
    I'm going to suggest that you give back the Pit Bull, what a horrible gift to receive!
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    also offer to come clean her house or something like that.

diapers that are NOT newborn size 1-2 maybe even 3 that she can use when the baby loads em up!

I wish someone would have just spent the night and let me sleep for 1 entire 8 hour sleep cycle.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Diaper Genie!!!!!
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    Honestly, I wish anyone would have just watched my kid for an evening to be able to get out and see a movie. I still wish this haha! If you live close by maybe throw in a coupon for one free night of babysitting!

Same here!
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add.. the best gifts I ever recieved after the birth of a baby was when people brought meals to us after we came home from the hopsital. that was so nice not to have to worry with preparing food for the family or dealing with clean up. Throw in paper plates, and plastic cutlery ...great gift for a new mommy.
  • cbratthauer
    cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
    Options

We love our puppy... I had a pit bull before, sweetest dog. I don't like the negative opinions people have on these dogs
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    keep your eye out for those bottle brushes that 'crank' (they have a bent handle) They are so much easier to use.
    I found some for a dollar apiece at the Family Dollar and I will never use another kind!

I also second the idea that you should stick a couple of little surprises in there for mom. I just found these Soy candles that have a ring buried in them, worth 10, 100, 500 or 1000 dollars. It's fun because you have no idea what kind of ring you are going to get, and the scents are delicious. Feel free to pm me for the website...I don't want to be busted for spam. I just got one of these and I love it so I figured it would be a good little 'just for her' gift while everyone else is focusing on the baby.
  • Smittyinthesun2
    Options
    Right because they never attack anyone, like poodles or labs do !

Come on Folks a pit bull really? That's what you wanted for a gift!

Google pit bull attacks in Florida / let alone the USA and see how many come up in the last few years, they dogs are bread to be nasty! they attack kids and women and recently a fire-fighter. This is one animal I feel it should be illegal to breed. Just ask Mike Vick how nasty they are !