Workouts that burn 500 Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• bubba2008
    bubba2008 Posts: 1
    Options
    ZUMBA is a great workout you can burn anywhere from 600-900 calories--This is great for anyone and those who have Arthritis should really concered this--keeps u on your toes ,and doesnt require any equipment--check out your local community education classes or your nearest gym--
  • FAVORED1
    FAVORED1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Spin and interval training on the treadmill or outdoors.
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    Do the same workouts for a little longer, or at a higher intensity. Running is one of the best calorie burners.

This. :)
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Zumba folks....I burn 550-600 in an hour and that includes warm up and cool down/stretching. It's loads of fun too!
  • EdensMummy
    EdensMummy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing is an incredible workout...I burn usually between 500 - 700 cals in an hour.
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    I went jogging last night. 3.1 miles (5k) and my heart rate monitor said I burned 440 calories. I guess if I jogged maybe another half a mile I would have hit 500 calories.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I usually burn about 100 calories for every ten minutes of high-intensity cardio exercise (pretty much anything after my warm-up on the cardio machines, or just running outside) so for me, 50 minutes at high intensity will be a 500 calorie burning workout.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Group fitness classes are the bomb! I burn well over 500 calories when I go all out in a step class. Really your burn is going to depend on your intensity, but I find it easier to up my intensity in a group fit environment.
  • faithfitnessandnutrition
    Options
    OP, are you using a heart rate monitor, if you are going by the machines you may actually be burning more or less .. your best gauge is to have a HR monitor with your personal information and have it on continuous read to get an accurate reading of what you are burning; if you are already doing that, then believe it or not the Firm dvd's especially some of the old ones and some of the newer ones helps burn tons of calories (at least for me) because they use compound exercises throughout their 45-60 min workouts, or Jillian Michaels workout s. I also do kickboxing and run (using a HR monitor) and can burn anywhere from 600 to 1125 calories depending on the length and intensity of my workout.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Do the same workouts for a little longer, or at a higher intensity. Running is one of the best calorie burners.

This....Exactly this...
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    SWIMMING!!! Doing laps for 30 minutes burns over 500 calories for me... but I also weigh a lot!
  • applebottomjeans11
    applebottomjeans11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Zumba & Spinning are my votes along with everyone else, those are my highest burning events that I do.