Seriously???

Options
Okay...Coffee has sodium in it!!! COFFEE!!! has salt...OMG, just felt the need to share.

Thank you for all your imputs on my previous post about sodium by the way, I put it on my grocery list to pick up an alternative to salt. Maybe that will help me. I don't use that much table salt on my food, but every little bit helps...I'm also gonna try that Mrs. Dash saltless seasonings as I do use seasonings when I cook.

Replies

• roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    Options
    Okay...Coffee has sodium in it!!! COFFEE!!! has salt...OMG, just felt the need to share.

Thank you for all your imputs on my previous post about sodium by the way, I put it on my grocery list to pick up an alternative to salt. Maybe that will help me. I don't use that much table salt on my food, but every little bit helps...I'm also gonna try that Mrs. Dash saltless seasonings as I do use seasonings when I cook.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Salt is added to foods for several reasons...the most common reason that comes to mind for folks is preserving foods. Salt is also added as flavor enhancer...so yes, many things that don't seem to even need salt have them in it to enhance flavors, to kill bitterness in certain foods etc.

When a certain food cuts out fat they add more sugar and salt. Some food with sugar will have more salt to enhance the sweetness.

It's wacky it's weird...but after all it is the food industry!:noway:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Just a teeny tiny bit of sea salt goes along ways in adding a nice touch to dishes... plus it's not so finely ground as regular salt so you actually can do much more with it...and it takes so much less....it gives a burst of flavor to the foods you're cooking.
  • theresamasucci
    theresamasucci Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    substitute celery for salt