calories from exercise

Options
tgray69
tgray69 Posts: 16 Member
Is there a way to adjust settins so it doesn’t take calories from exercise?
I want to eat 1200 or less calories per day but when I see that higher number from exercise I think I have more to use.

Replies

• kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    you shouldnt eat less than 1200 NET calories per day. however if you really want to just dont enter in your exercise or quick add calories burnt.
  • MelissaGull
    Options
    What really happens when you dont eat enough calories?
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I don't think so. :(

However...

You can make notes at the bottom of either your food diary or exercise page and type out your exercise time and calories and log in those for later when you're done logging food for the day.
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    The only option [that I am aware of] is to not enter your exercise. Which isn't really a big deal for me since some of the exercises and cardio that I do aren't even listed. You can always go in at the end of the day and enter calories burned from exercising also.
  • veganjeanie
    veganjeanie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I LOVE getting calories back, that's my motivation to exercise! I just love to see it add back in those calories that I can enjoy as nice cocktail or two. BTW, I think the 1200 cal net thing's a myth, it just can't fit everyone.. I have a small frame, and 1200 a day would have me losing only .5 lb a week. So I'm doing 1000 net. My mother's only 5' tall with a tiny frame, she maintains her weight at 100lb with 1000cal/day. If I go past my goal weight, I'll be more than pleased to add back in some calories.
  • Q9S7
    Q9S7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It depends on your activity level and the proportions of calories you're eating. There's too many factors (IMO) to give a single solid answer. However, generally speaking, if you're sedentary (no excercise) too few calories (generally speaking) will slow your metabolism, and put your body into "storage mode". You will lose muscle and gain fat. Also, (IMO) an active person not eating the proper amounts and proportions of calories will stagnate, failing to gain muscle (or tone up), not make any real improvement in cardiovascular endurance, AND increase stress levels (to make it simple). In short, eat the proper amount of food based on your BMR and activity level.

Also, I only log excercise as a point of information, I don't take into account how many calories were burned according to MFP. I pay more attention to what my body tells me and the amount of effort I put into my workouts.

Find what works for you based on logical information,
    Best of luck!!!
  • MelissaGull
    Options
    Thanks washboard abs.. :) No its just I feel if I ate all that I wouldn't loose any weight.. I'm starting these diet pills my doc Rx me.. Phentermine and they are supposed to keep you from eating.. Confusing..??
  • Q9S7
    Q9S7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks for the compliment.

I'm am in no way qualified to give you medical advice, however, I would use diet and excercise before turning to appetite suppresants UNLESS you have another medical condition (usually hormone/metabolism related) requiring the prescribed medication. There are 'natural' ways to suppress your appetite. I promise you, if you can lose weight w/out the pills you will find strength you didn't know you posessed. How's that quote go?

"Catch a fish for someone, feed them for a day. Teach that person to fish, feed them for a lifetime". Something to that effect...

The strength of mind you'll receive from controlling your appetite mentally is something that cannot be developed through diet pills. At any rate I most certainly recommend excercise. There's nothing like a excercise session, hiking, biking, lifting, swimming, walking, calisthenics etc.

Again, best of luck, you can msg me w/any other questions!
  • tgray69
    tgray69 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    thank you for your responses