Man I love watching TV.........

Options
............but you know what, that is not really helping me at all! :huh:

So, I've decided that I'm going to get an exercise to put in front of the TV, if I must watch then at least I can burn some calories whilst I do!

Although, I'm not too sure I'll sit through another episode of Falling Skies after watching the first one last night :laugh: It has potential so it may get better.

Anyone else use the bike whilst watching TV? How's it working out for you?

Thanks.

Replies

• Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I have a desk pedal exerciser I use while nursing my baby/surfing the web/watching movies, and I really like it. The time flies by.
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I also LOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVE tv. I don't have a bike or treadmill at home, but when I go to the gym, you better believe I plug my headphones into the little thingymajig and watch the tube while I walk & bike.

Yesterday, I walked for an additional 10 minutes because I was so hooked into the show I was watching.
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Oh, I like the idea of getting a treadmill or stationary bike to put in front of the TV. It's a good way to make use of that time you'd otherwise just be sitting there! I bet you can burn a fair number of calories during a one-hour program.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    i watch tv while doing the elliptical at home. I also listen to music on the ipod at the same time. its nice having the television on for something to stare at other than the 4 walls, which after 30-60 minutes on the elliptical start looking like they are closing in on you!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    When I really don't wanna work out, I do something similar. I bring up HBO GO on my iPad, and work the elliptical machine. Hey, it's still doing something!!
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I watch TV while I exercise all the time! I have netflix on my iphone so if I'm at the gym, I watch the office on the elliptical and the bike. I have a stationary bike at home and watched many episodes of glee, arrested development, the office, and random movies while I did that.

I'm actually going to start watching movies again while I am at the gym. Used to get digital downloads of movies and download them to my ipod and watched in 30 or 60 minute increments. Makes the time FLY by :)

I also am going to start jogging in place while I watch movies/tv. I have always wanted to be a runner but seriously SUCK at running so running in place always works... might as well continue my always sunny marathon while I do it :)

I see nothing wrong with it, as long as you ARE focusing on the workout as well... I've seen people at a dead stop on the elliptical or bike just staring at the tv.. I don't think they even noticed they had stopped haha
  • carmcd
    carmcd Posts: 115
    Options
    yes! i used to walk on the tredmill while watching TV but that got boring so yesterday I switched it up and rode the stationary bike! i watched 3 episodes of modern family and ended up doing 45 min of cardio! its great!