I couldn't believe it...

Options
I started at MFP on Sept. 19, 2008 at 217 lbs. ( i started losing back in April)
Today October 18, 2008 is one month, and I'm at193 lbs.
I have lost one jeans size.
Made some very supportive and encouraging friends, of the most importance to me.
Changed my relationship to food, I learned slowly that I am IN CONTROL of what I eat.
Food does not control me.
I learned from everyone here just how important the exercise is.

Now, I want to mention, I am 65 yrs. young. In January2008, I had a neurological reaction to a new medication, that left me in the hospital for a few days. I had home physical therapy, and I learned to walk again.. with a cane. In July, I was started on insulin after bein' in th hospital again for a cardiac catherization.

So,I had to deal with a few medical issues, but when they handed me the diet I had to use, It just blew my fuse. Later, in September, a friend told me about myfitnesspal.

Well, the point is,I didn't think I would ever be back to normal,but after making myself get out of the house to go down the steps and DO MY WALK , (It's only been a few days), but, I am walking 30 minutes on a treadmill.

And, YYYAAAAAAAYYYY!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: i WENT SHOPPING and i WALKED THROUGH the stores like I was flying. I couldn't believe it. I've come so far, but the journey is not over...

StarsMultiColorSM.jpg To my friends at MFP a special THANKS for making me keep going, you are the stars, and a special Thanx to Arewethereyet, Shore, Fitness_Chick
:heart:
greenie:flowerforyou:

Replies

• greenbaum9
    Options
    I started at MFP on Sept. 19, 2008 at 217 lbs. ( i started losing back in April)
    Today October 18, 2008 is one month, and I'm at193 lbs.
    I have lost one jeans size.
    Made some very supportive and encouraging friends, of the most importance to me.
    Changed my relationship to food, I learned slowly that I am IN CONTROL of what I eat.
    Food does not control me.
    I learned from everyone here just how important the exercise is.

Now, I want to mention, I am 65 yrs. young. In January2008, I had a neurological reaction to a new medication, that left me in the hospital for a few days. I had home physical therapy, and I learned to walk again.. with a cane. In July, I was started on insulin after bein' in th hospital again for a cardiac catherization.

So,I had to deal with a few medical issues, but when they handed me the diet I had to use, It just blew my fuse. Later, in September, a friend told me about myfitnesspal.

Well, the point is,I didn't think I would ever be back to normal,but after making myself get out of the house to go down the steps and DO MY WALK , (It's only been a few days), but, I am walking 30 minutes on a treadmill.

And, YYYAAAAAAAYYYY!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: i WENT SHOPPING and i WALKED THROUGH the stores like I was flying. I couldn't believe it. I've come so far, but the journey is not over...

StarsMultiColorSM.jpg To my friends at MFP a special THANKS for making me keep going, you are the stars, and a special Thanx to Arewethereyet, Shore, Fitness_Chick
    :heart:
    greenie:flowerforyou:
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Congrats :happy:
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Wow! You are to be commended! What a success story on so many levels. You should be very proud of yourself! WE ARE!!! Keep up the awesome work!

:drinker: Here's to YOU!
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: That's a great story...and it will only get better and better! Keep up the good work.
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!
    Keep up the GREAT work!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Congrats :flowerforyou:

This site is awesome :smile:

Continued success :drinker:
  • dakotadc
    Options
    Greenie:

Congratulations and thank you for inspiring me today.

:flowerforyou:
  • Periphria
    Periphria Posts: 358
    Options
    great job.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • acox68
    acox68 Posts: 9
    Options
    Congratulations, Greenie! I'm so happy for you and you are such an inspiration to me!!! Thank you!

Andrea
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Congrats on such a great loss.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Greenie -- that is awesome -- :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: congratulations to you!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    This is Greenie..
    My beautiful butterfly...........

0002024A.gif
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!