recommendation for a yummy protein bar

Options
I need a low calorie yummy proteing bar with high fiber. So far,the ones I have tried taste like card board. Any suggestions?

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I like several of the Pure Protein bars. About 17-20 grams of protein, 180 - 220 in calories, but not much in fiber 1 - 2 grams.

I get them for the protein. If I need extra fiber, I do benefiber, no calories with that!
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Special K Protein Bars are delicious and only 90 cals. I like the Chocolate, Strawberry, and Vanilla!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Cliff Builders, the taste is great, don't know if they will meet the rest of your requirements though.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Finding a healthy low cal protein bar? I hae basically found that impossible to find xD

Try making your own :] MUCH cheaper and you can make any flavor you want! I made some delicious pumpkin protein bars a few months ago... and I could pronounce all the ingredients since i made them myself xD

Google search some recipes :] might be surprised what you can find! :D
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Most protein bars lack in fiber but like Promax. Taste good and plenty of protein.
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I like the ohyeah! protein bars. 190 calories for the small size aruond 15 or 16 protein and carbs. low on fiber though maybe a 3 at the most depending on the flavor. They are tasty though, like eating a candy bar :)
  • emmoen
    emmoen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    LUNA Protein bar.. they are so yummy!!!
  • kate_newlifestyle
    Options
    Why don't you consider protein powders . They are quite effective if you want to up your protein intake. All protein bars have so much carbs. ALWAYS check the sugar content when looking at bars.. its amazing what they can pack into such a small package, and extra processed sugar definitly wont help in weight loss
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I really like these: http://www.balance.com/varieties/gold/chocolate-mint-cookie-crunch/

I also like the Clif Builders bar or regular Cliff's bars.

Best wishes :flowerforyou:
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    My wife likes the Iron Girl ones (I think thats the name). Personally I stick to power or cliff bars.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I like the Pure Protein bars as well; high protein and low sugar. I get my fiber elsewhere.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Cliff Builders, the taste is great, don't know if they will meet the rest of your requirements though.

THIS. 20g of protein, 270 calories, 4g fiber