Headache while exercising...

Options
Today while I was doing some strength moves..tricep dips, bridge, cruntches...I got a really bad headache while doing them. This never has happened to me before. I also felt kinda dizzy afterward. I drank a lot of water all day so it is not dehydration. Has this ever happened to anyone else? or anyone know why this could have happened? Thanks!

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Today while I was doing some strength moves..tricep dips, bridge, cruntches...I got a really bad headache while doing them. This never has happened to me before. I also felt kinda dizzy afterward. I drank a lot of water so it is not dehydration. Has this ever happened to anyone else? or anyone know why this could have happened? Thanks!

Some possibilities:

Did you hold your breath instead of exhaling on the hard part of your lifts?
    Do you clench your jaw when you're working hard?
    Were you yanking on your head when doing your crunches(a lot of people do)?
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    You may not eating enough food before you exercise... If it continues even after you had some food in your stomach, I would contact the doctor....

~A
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hypoglycemia or muscle tension?....I know that I always get headaches after doing strength training....I have some severely screwed up pectoral/deltoid/and SCMS bilaterally leading to some killer tension headaches. Make sure you are eating a high carb snack for some extra "fuel" before workouts and following it up with some good protein after....if that isnt the problem...ibuprofen, a hot shower, and a self massage always help with the tension headaches from over exertion or clenching...stay loose!.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Sometimes plain water isn't isn't enough. You need to replace the electrolytes that you lost from sweating. If I'm going to do some heavy sweating, I grab a sports drink instead of water. I actually felt really dizzy today during my workout. I was sweating a lot more than normal. I didn't have beverage with me so....yeah.
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!...not sure what it was...maybe a combo of not breathing and clenching? But after some Advil, a propel zero and a warm shower I felt better :) I will be more aware of what I am doing while working out next time.