Lost too much weight...gained it all back...now want to be H

Options
Hello all! This is my second day on myfitnesspal. My story goes a little like this..

Went to college....gained about 20 pounds. Came home that summer from freshman year and was so upset with myself. Started dieting and exercising with my mom which was great at first. Then I became obsessive and dropped too much weight too quickly. By the time I went back to school I lost a ton of weight...by that January I was admitted into rehab for an eating disorder.

Now a year later I have gained all my necessary weight back & want to be happy, healthy and full of energy!

This is going to help keep my eating on track & lose a few pounds...in the healthy way!

Replies

• jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hugs and a huge bat on the back for getting back on the healthy horse :D! Everyone here is very supportive and I am sure that you will enjoy it. Good luck to you!
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It is not about a calorie number each day, and it isn't about skipping meals to cut weight. It's about eating well balanced meals and giving your body what it NEEDS to make you feel the best that you can. If you just eat healthy as often as you can, and do moderate exercise, you will feel so much better, even if the scale doesn't show the weight loss your body will FEEL it. I hope for your sake that you can remain healthy and enjoy all the wonderful healthy foods there are out there to eat. If you focus on tracking your protein, carbs, fiber etc. and not so much on eating so few calories, you will lose the weight you want to lose, without going overboard and getting problems again.

Glad to see you understand its about getting healthy and if you can lose a few pounds along the way that is great too! This website really helps you have control over your weight, health, exercise and food choices. It's awesome.
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    welcome and we are all here for you! you have already been so brave to overcome...... You can do this the right way now and stay just where you want to! Good luck with your journey.