I'm new to MFP

ariel_lehman
ariel_lehman Posts: 5
edited 11:41AM in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone! I just recently was asked to join this site by a co-worker. When I joined I did not realize that there were so many people who were in the same situation I was in...wanting to lose weight but not having the motivation. For awhile I get all into working out and seem to motivate others to go with me but then when they don't work out with me I tend to get less interested. I have had a gym membership for the last year and barely even go because I hate to go alone. Now that I have joined this site I wake up in the morning ready to go. I would like to lose 120 lbs. but am going to set my goal as half that weight loss to give myself a reasonable goal. I have also convinced my two sisters to give this a try so now we can motivate each other while living in different states. I always start out exercising good and trying to watch what I eat but I never follow through with what I started with. This site is going to be a great way to follow through with what I eat and do daily.
Looking for people who are willing to accept and give motivation,
Ariel

Replies

• wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Hello Ariel you've come to the right place to start. Feel free to add me we can do this together. If you have a cell phone with internet you should get the app it will make it easier and more convientent to log in your items. Make sure to log in each day and log everything you eat you will notice a big difference doing that.
  • Ariel, I'm so glad you are doing this too. What you said about not liking to do it alone is so true. I had a gym membership when I first moved to Orlando and didn't know anybody but once I made friends I quit going. Instead of going to the gym I would go with them to Chili's after work for drinks. Now, I need some friends to help me through this. We will keep each other going. The bmi tool says I should be somewhere between 94 and 128. Yeah, right. I'll be thrilled to get down to 135. That's 30lbs. I figure that there are so many people out there who do manage to do this then I should be able to too. But getting motivated is a bi---. We are going to back each other up and make it work this time.
This discussion has been closed.