New and looking for support!

Options
Finney88
Finney88 Posts: 46 Member
Hello all MFP users!
I'm new...well, 2 weeks in...to MFP and am searching for support! I've got 11 pounds to go to reach my goal weight (already, and only, 10 lbs down since I started in February). I'm hoping MFP gives me the tools and support I need to make it happen!

I'll also be an avid, and occasionally comical, blogger. I've wanted to do a weight loss and life blog for a while, but was pretty sure my friends would think I was just searching for attention!

I'm 5'5 currently 138lbs, hoping and praying and wishing to hit 128 by the end of August. At Christmas this year I hit 150 lbs, which is pushing (and I mean right on the smack-dab line pushing) overweight. My size 8 pants were tight and it made me feel awful. Never in my life have I been heavy...actually, through middle school and early high school people would pick on me for being so scrawny. So, when the weight slowly crept up on me, I didn't see the big deal until I realized I wasn't healthy anymore, and I wasn't me.

Bonus to weight gain, I finally left the vowels in the bra size arena! Downside to weight gain...my fabulous Anne Taylor and BCBG dresses had to be pushed to the back of my closet. Oh, and the whole not happy with myself thing.

I'm so inspired by all of the stories I see on here, and cannot wait watch others reach their goals!

Replies

• ehedges31
    ehedges31 Posts: 72
    Options
    We have about the same goals! I'm 5'3" and want to weight 120-125 area. I'm not overweight by any means, I weigh 132-133. so not a lot to lose but since I'm considered "healthy" its super hard for my body to understand to lose weight. Congrats on the loss so far! :) Feel free to friend me.
  • evymvan
    evymvan Posts: 7
    Options
    It looks like you are on the right track! The less you weigh, the harder it is to lose weight. Keep up the good work!
  • realdisco
    realdisco Posts: 9
    Options
    Hey, fashionista88!

The same thing seems to have happened to me too. I was never actually overweight before, but in the past 2 years I've gained almost 20 lbs, yikes! Very sneaky too.

The worst part is not being able to wear my coolest dresses, shorts, and jeans. They're also just hanging in the closet doing nothing.

I think the most useful thing I've just discovered is, writing down the lessons you learn about yourself, your habits, and what sparks those moments when you decide to eat crap, or skip your workout, etc.

Also, being too restrictive with diet and too demanding with your exercise plan is a baaaddd idea. At least for myself, when I wouldn't meet all my demands on too strict a plan, I would usually just sabotage myself the rest for like 2 days.

Flexibility is very helpful :)
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I lost about 10 before I started MFP, and 7 more since I've been here (a month ago). I 'm trying to take off another 15 or so. I also gained in college.
  • Unbreakable360
    Options
    ....welcome...!!!...good to have you on board...!!!