Underactive thyroid

Options
Is there anyone else with this disorder on here? I'd love to get some tips for you. This thing is hard to deal with and it's a fight everyday, love to know someone else. Hoping we can help each other :)

Replies

• JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroid as well...I find that I cannot lose weight on diet alone. I also need to exercise and sometimes twice as hard as anyone else...:ohwell:
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    It's really discouraging sometimes. For the past like 2 weeks things have been going well. But I know it's just going to get harder. My levels like to jump around a LOT. I'm hoping that my next blood test will be okay...
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I've got it too! Diet is key, but... Exercising is something that is even more of a key. Working at it twice as hard is always a b***h but... you gotta do what you gotta do!
  • cbond74
    cbond74 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have had issues with my Thyroid since the birth of my first child. I have Hypothyroid too, but my issue was mostly being tired all the time. However I did have half of my thyroid removed last year. I am on medication now that so far is keeping my levels stable. But I did notice that within 6 months of the surgery I started to put on weight. So I started working out and eating right and I've managed to lose the weight I gained. This site here was a great help for me in tracking my food. I also workout at home doing Beachbody programs like: Slim in 6, Brazil Butt Lift and now Turbo Fire!!
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    I don't have thyroid issues, but my friend does. He is on Synthroid and gave up eating red meat for a month...lost 33lbs. But he was also about 250-275. I would find a nutritionist. GOOD LUCK!
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    We tried a nutritionist but with me living on a college campus and only having so many foods available it's become hard. I eat a salad every single day while I'm at school because it's the only thing I can find that isn't fried besides subs.

I totally agree with the working out twice as hard. I spend at least two hours at the rec working out 5 days a week. I've finally started my strength training again so I'm hoping the building muscle/cardio will help a lot. :)