Pfft!! I'm always over sugar!

Options
Whether its natural sugars from fruits or from yogurt or when I go crazy and eat 5 jolly rancher candies (totally my fault) I'm always over sugar!

I get frustrated and sometimes just don't even calculate sugar intake because I KNOW I'll be over.

Is this okay or do I need to make some extreme diet changes? Im still loosing weight but would it make that much of a difference in letting me loose that much more weight??

Replies

• rikisue206
    rikisue206 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and I consulted my Doctor, he said where I was ending everyday is ok. Maybe you want to consult yours?
  • dmest
    dmest Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your overall health (i.e. if you are diabetic you might need to watch this more closely) but I read an article by Joy Bauer recently that said you shouldn't worry about sugars in fruit and milk and that you should be more concerned with added sugar. Here's the article if you want to check it out.

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/joybauernutrition/sugar-how-much-should-we-eat/
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Eating two pieces of fruit a day will put you over. I don't pay too much attention to it anymore unless it is stuff like starbucks & desserts. If I have some of the not so healthy stuff then I try to make up for it elsewhere.
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with this ever since I joined MFP. It's funny that I saw this post right after I had just wrote on my MFP profile that I wanted to see someone else's diary who actually manages to stay under their sugar. I am always over and it's mostly because I love fruits. I hate seeing those numbers in red. Makes me want to remove sugar from my diary. I'm not sure how worried I should be about the sugar though.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Heck I am always over on fat myself. Granted it is rarely saturated fat, but still. People have different requirements. The only way to see what works for you is to give it a try and see how you do. I found I eat almost 20% fewer calories with the same comfort level by decreasing carbs and increasing fats.