quick breakfasts I could take with me to work?

Options

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxIAtjfyuN8&NR=1

This lady and her co-host always have a lot of good receipes.
  • heyjude1358
    Options
    I fill cupcake tins with different veggies like chopped spinach, zuchinni, onions, mushrooms then top with egg beaters (cartons of egg whites) and bake a bunch for the week. All I have to do is pull out 2 egg cups and stick them between a toasted bagel thin for an awesome and quick 250 calorie breakfast!
    Be sure to spray cupcake tins with Pam and add whatever seasoning to egg beaters
    I really like this idea!! And the overnight oatmeal one sounds good too! Thanks for sharing.

I also enjoy having some good protein like fat free cottage cheese. I add sliced fruit and cinnamon. Add a double fiber english muffin, and I'm good for several hours.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    In addition to many of the suggestions listed, I also enjoy a light or whole wheat english muffin with light cream cheese, sweetener of choice, and cinnamon sometimes for breakfast. These english muffins are also great with a TBSP of Peanut butter or other nut butter of your choice.

You also can make a breakfast sandwich by microwaving a veggie or turkey sausage patty and placing that on your english muffin and optionally add a slice of low fat cheese. This one keeps me full until lunch, which is about 4-5 hours.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Athletes say eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and supper like a pauper. I've been doing that and it really works. You need fuel to get you through your day. 200 calories for breakfast is nothing...maybe add some protein? Boiled eggs?
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    you've got lots of posts but i swear to my shakeology that i drink every morning... see my profile for questions. I had a mint chocolate one this morning, like dessert for breakfast. :love:
  • syiyi
    syiyi Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I slice an apple, add yogurt and walnuts. It yummy :happy: and easy!!
  • soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yeah a harboiled egg and an english muffin w/some i can't believe it's not butter?? I have that sometimes, love it..keeps me full
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Athletes say eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and supper like a pauper. I've been doing that and it really works. You need fuel to get you through your day. 200 calories for breakfast is nothing...maybe add some protein? Boiled eggs?

This!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I agree with High Protein breakfast! I eat hard boiled eggs daily..and LOVE them!
  • c00ncc
    c00ncc Posts: 55
    Options
    I fill cupcake tins with different veggies like chopped spinach, zuchinni, onions, mushrooms then top with egg beaters (cartons of egg whites) and bake a bunch for the week. All I have to do is pull out 2 egg cups and stick them between a toasted bagel thin for an awesome and quick 250 calorie breakfast!
    Be sure to spray cupcake tins with Pam and add whatever seasoning to egg beaters

Trader joes High Fiber cereal topped with berries and 1 cup of Almond Milk is another great breakfast for low cals

Wow the eggs cups sounds really good and easy!!!
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    I usually try to have more calories in breakfast. I make an veggi (egg white)omelet the night before. Put it in a micro-wave container to re-warm and add a wheat bagel thin. Makes a great breakfast for work. It re-heats great.
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    More likely to burn off a few extra calories during the day when you take them in at breakfast. If you like egg whites try making a egg white wrap with a whole wheat tortilla. Not bad in calories or bad for you.
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Shakeology! YUM!! :) Has amazing whole foods in it!!!
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Shakeology! YUM!! :) Has amazing whole foods in it!!!
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I keep a big bowl of cut up melons in my fridge. I put some in a smaller bowl to take with me, grab a Vitamuffin and I'm good til lunch.
  • megan4487
    megan4487 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Wow theses all sound great!! I can't wait to try them, I'm not usually a breakfast person, but it sounds like I need to start. thakns for the great ideas
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options

LOVE it!
  • jessicarn76
    jessicarn76 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great suggestions! I'm adding to my grocery list for the weekend :)
  • soopatodd
    soopatodd Posts: 20
    Options
    bump for later
  • slheflinVA
    slheflinVA Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I try to make my breakfasts 300 calories or more because it keeps me full. I fill it with fiber (Fiber One bars are great for on the road),

I LOVE Fiber One Oats & Chocolate bars!! They are the only "granola" bar I ever buy and our Sam's club has a box of 20 for under $6.00. Can't beat that imo :)