need some advice

Options
i am wanting to add weights to my workouts. but i don't know how to get started, or what to do. can anyone help me. i really want to work on my back and arms. i am currently doing water areobics and walking.

Replies

• mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    Options
    Although they are costly if you don't know what you are doing the best thing is to invest in a good personal trainer.
    For me it was definately money well spent. Others may advise you on sights to go to for workouts but if you don't know what you are doing you can injure yourself or not see any results because you are working out incorrectly and then give up.
    Talk to people you know in your area and see if any of them are using a trainer. The trainer I used(sadly he moved out of the country) was excellent because he challenged me by changing up my routine frequently, and raising the amount of weights I worked with constantly and it was his own business so he wasn't associated with a gym which I found was so much better than working with a trainer from a gym( no offense to the good trainers that work in association with a gym).
    Good luck.
  • mikeyken
    mikeyken Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing jillian's 30 day shred which has some good strength training with wts., but there are a lot of other strength training dvds you can try at home. Also I have a wii and a new program called fit active personal trainer that you can do your own workouts with wt or resistance band.
  • katy4193
    katy4193 Posts: 44
    Options
    I go to Planet Fitness, only $10 a month and free fitness training....