Working out at work?

Options
I really love to take walks during my lunch break at work.

I used to be a smoker but quit about 4 weeks ago but I find that if I don't get away from my desk for a little while I feel like I want to start smoking again just to have a reason to get away from my desk!

Anyway... especially it being summer now, when I walk outside (relatively briskly) I end up sweating and feeling disgusting but at the same time amazingly re-energized for the rest of the day.

I put together a little kit for work (we don't have showers) like anti-perspirant, face cleaning wipes, body spray, etc... and this seems to somewhat work to wipe away that "disgusting" feeling.

Does anyone else have any tips or ideas that might help? I live over 60 miles from work so going home to shower is not an option.

Thanks!

Replies

• hadl0032
    hadl0032 Posts: 117
    Options
    Holy crap!!!! I cannot believe you commute over 60 miles to work one way!! You are NUTS! :)

I think your lil re-fresh bag sounds great! I used to just always try and take my lunch break later in the day, so I wasnt sitting there for hours after feeling gross. Also, I would try and schedule meetings, etc, for before if I could!
  • stephinator1986
    Options
    125 miles round trip every day! :) Thankfully I have the option to work from home when needed so that helps... (that and my fully loaded iPod, anyway)

Taking lunch later in the day is a good idea. I'm just always so eager to get out and moving. But yes... last week I came back from a 2 mile walk in 24 minutes in 80 degree weather and had forgotten I had a meeting scheduled. Talk about embarrassing.