I still have it

Options
my emotional overeating disorder. I was hoping by some random miracle, it was gone forever.

I have been dieting for about 5 weeks now, and doing good. But the last 2 weeks I have had about 4 days of binging :( I was so sad that I was being so weak. I like to pretend this is just so easy, everyone thinks I am doing so wonderful, complimenting my will power. But honestly, they have no idea how HARD it is to say no to food offered to me every day.

Recently a few things happened in my personal life, causing me to become upset and stressed, and of course, I told myself I NEED food. And certain foods, my comfort fried foods and cookie dough. I KNOW how unhealthy it is, but in those moments, I dont care.

I havent given up, or said I cant do this, most of the time I eat right and exercise, I just hate that I still let this disorder affect me.

Replies

• jenninsocal
    Options
    my emotional overeating disorder. I was hoping by some random miracle, it was gone forever.

I have been dieting for about 5 weeks now, and doing good. But the last 2 weeks I have had about 4 days of binging :( I was so sad that I was being so weak. I like to pretend this is just so easy, everyone thinks I am doing so wonderful, complimenting my will power. But honestly, they have no idea how HARD it is to say no to food offered to me every day.

Recently a few things happened in my personal life, causing me to become upset and stressed, and of course, I told myself I NEED food. And certain foods, my comfort fried foods and cookie dough. I KNOW how unhealthy it is, but in those moments, I dont care.

I havent given up, or said I cant do this, most of the time I eat right and exercise, I just hate that I still let this disorder affect me.
  • curlhair
    Options
    i go through this too - but remember we're here for you! next time try logging on here when you're upset instead of eating.

i finally had to start telling myself - eating this won't fill this void i have inside of me. it's been an uphill battle - but eventually i learned that food won't fix what i'm going through.

tomorrow is another day - don't beat yourself up about it. :flowerforyou:
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    HUGS! :flowerforyou:

I too suffer similar trials... I am also one who troubles with binging. It is really hard for me as I need to purge after. I have binge/purge'd my weight back. I was so good as I lost it last time, till I was there... doing great.... then I got scared.. what if I gain back!

I think the most important thing for you to do is to isolate those instances. They are not who you are, they do not define your worth. Leave them behind as quickly as they came, and move on. Do not give up! Please do not go hog wild and say well I already screwed up, might as well make it a good one... and start again tomorrow. STOP! Start again that hour. If we wait till tomorrow, it will never come, and we wont be happy with ourself!

You can do this... we are here for your support, and to cheer you on. Maybe make a goal, don't binge today... and after a good day, count the good ones... add them up, and think of them like an alcoholic thinks of days sober. Food is an addiction. 12 step programs work the same for all addictions. Only we can't give up food entirely! So, this hour, is a new hour, and I know you can do it... we can do it together!
    :wink: