Slightly belated intro

Options
kbrogan78
kbrogan78 Posts: 158 Member
Hi all,

I looked at my page today and realized I'd been here for 10 days without introducing myself.

I'm a single mama to an almost 4 year old daughter. I stay home with her during the day and then work from home at night. Right now I'm working about 50 hours per week, which is tough. I've struggled with my weight my whole life. The combination of stress, lack of sleep, and eating with a preschooler have led me to an all time high weight. I decided it was time to take control and found MFP.

In the first week, I lost 8lbs! I'm sure a big chunk of that was water weight because I am now drinking about 5x as much water as I had been, but still very, very encouraging. I even got brave enough to take "before" photos in a bikini which I hope to someday be posting along with the "afters"!

Due to my crazy schedule, I haven't been able to do any formal exercise in the last couple weeks, but I'm hoping to get back to my gym soon. I'm focusing on eating real, whole foods- no "diet" foods- which is a different approach than I've taken to weight loss in the past and I think one that will be much more sustainable.

I'm excited to be here!

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I can't imagine working that much. You've come to the right place. In my short time here, I have found lots of encouragement.

8448601.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're off to a great start! Welcome!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Welcome - and it sounds as if you are doing it right - eat good healthy foods - some exercise..... And you will see the scales move in the right direction - congrats on your results so far!