Wii fit

Options
ive heard that the Wii fit bored is just as good as using a work out dvd is this true.
if it is ill deff be getting one. as it looks like so much fun

Replies

• beccaboyle
    Options
    ive heard that the Wii fit bored is just as good as using a work out dvd is this true.
    if it is ill deff be getting one. as it looks like so much fun
  • kdanderson05
    Options
    I believe if you actually use and test your strength you will get a great workout!!!! I know every time I use it afterwards I am sweating and defientely sore, so I know I got a great workout!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    They say it works! And because there's a great variety of programs, there's something for everyone. Even seniors are using it successfully because there are games they know and love, and most are low-impact.

Do it!
  • 2Across
    2Across Posts: 41
    Options
    Glad to see such positive comments. I've been seriously considering getting it.

Anita
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I got one Friday night and I am having so much fun with it.

When I am done, I feel it.
  • missy0210
    Options
    I am not a video game fan, so I did my research on the wii fit.

It was created to get people moving and to support a healthy lifestyle. It promotes not only weight loss, but also balance, stretching and it gives health tips about sleeping, diet, etc. Studies have proven that individuals will loose weight with this game, and it also encourages them to exercise outside of playing the game. The game also tracks weight and body fat, and shows your character losing weight as you do.

On a more personal note: my fiance's brother, who is 20 and has been sedentary all his life, bought one and has lost 20 lbs. It has even encouraged him to start watching what he eats so that he will continue to loose.

I was so impressed that I broke down and bought my first ever video game the other night - I bought the wii fit and a used wii. I LOVE it - tons of fun and I feel like I am exercising - I actually woke up sore the next morning! The only negative is that when you step on the board it says "ouch" on occasion :( But hopefully not for much longer! :)
  • Richard74
    Options
    I have also been wondering about it, but from some of the replies sounds like I need to get one. maybe that will get the kids off the couch. The only thing they get a work out on is their thumbs... :laugh:

If it tracks your weight that will help me out. Then I can really see what a running program will do as far as weight loss. :bigsmile:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    My 12 year old and I have been competing for high scores- such fun!
  • amberwilber
    Options
    I just started using the Wii Fit, and I have to say it is enjoyable. It is very comparable to simply using a DVD, but what I like about it is when you are doing the yoga and the strength training, the balance board lets you know when you are off balance, which betters your chances of doing it properly and getting better results. I would say to anyone who is thinking about getting it to try it first, maybe at a friend's house or something. It is a lot of fun once you get past the game calling you obese. :smile:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I am obese too and my Wii age added 3 years to my age.....GGGRRRRR
  • Tizzle16
    Options
    It only tells me i am over weight but thats the bad thing about the wii fit its not a good judge of bmi. I have seen the skinniest people get on it and it says they are obese. I wouldn't worry to much about that part. It also doesn't understand how to deal with children who are still growing. It is a good work out and tons of fun. My mom gets on it and she hates working out.