Motivation - one good reason

fosterks
fosterks Posts: 93 Member
edited September 29 in Motivation and Support
I am just resuming my plan after a short break (one week ill and then one week holiday). As you will all be familiar with, once you have stopped it is so hard to get going again.....

So, I want everyone to reply with one reason why we are doing this - one reason to motivate people. Or, if you prefer, one reason why stopping is a BAD idea!!!

Give me reasons to get my *kitten* into gear tonight!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Lets_Do_It
    Lets_Do_It Posts: 202
    Well, I have seen this quote on most people's profiles: "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" and just imagine yourself the way you want to look! I mean, yeah, relaxing feels awesome and oh god, I miss snacking all day, but i promised myself when im like 70 and I have no heart problems (no diabetes from a long life of good dieting) im going to let myself go and sit around all day, eat and eat and eat. haha. If you let yourself go- you're taking many years off your life! Dont you want to prove to yourself you CAN do this, no. You WILL do this! :D
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Hmm... I understand where you are.
    Reason 1- If you don't do it now, when will you?
    Reason 2- Who is going to do if for you?
    Reason 3- You should strive to do better for yourself/ don't be a quitter.
    Reason 4- You are worth it.
    Reason 5- This one hits hard with me..If I would have just done it to begin with... How much further would I be right now? Start NOW and DO NOT STOP... Keep trucking...If i would have started losing weight and kept going the 1st time I said it...I'd have been finished LONG ago.
    Lastly, you can only rely on yourself. You either want it or you don't. Nike didn't get famous saying "JUST TRY!"

Just DO it!! :)
    Tarran :flowerforyou:

ps. I appreciate your post because it helped me get my game face on. Thank you.
  • elijackson
    elijackson Posts: 48
    I don't want to ever get to the point where I look at myself and ask "how did I get here?"
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    My before picture. I'm so disgusted with how I look in that photo. Ugh. I can't believe that was me. I do it because I have a family history of heart issues, diabetes and strokes. I don't want to be a heart attack in the waiting. I want to be happy, healthy and do the things I enjoy.
  • zundelag
    zundelag Posts: 175 Member
    Sorry, I don't think I can stop with just one reason...
    I do it because I feel better about myself and I just plain feel better when when I eat right.
    I do it because I have a family history of poor health and I have asthma myself. I feel like I need to do all I can to stay healthy and keep the weight off to avoid hypertension and diabetes etc.
    I do it because I need the energy to keep up with my kids and my business.
    I do it because I love the way DH looks at me now. :wink:
  • LibbyF65
    LibbyF65 Posts: 6 Member
    Because I want to feel better--physically and mentally.
This discussion has been closed.