Had a great weight loss forum.. too much drama, looking for

Options
I guess the title says it all.. Ready to focus on my weight loss goals and nothing else. I feel like I am wandering around the internet, with no real home to settle at. The last 3 months I was so dedicated to a particular group, and had to walk away recently. I miss the support, and feel lost. I have been slipping the last week because of no true accountability..
Ready to get back on track, and get this freak'n weight off!!!

Replies

• whisperingdragon
    Options
    I wish you the best, and only the best. :flowerforyou:
  • CraigIW
    CraigIW Posts: 176
    Options
    Well you came to a good place for support :)
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I guess the title says it all.. Ready to focus on my weight loss goals and nothing else. I feel like I am wandering around the internet, with no real home to settle at. The last 3 months I was so dedicated to a particular group, and had to walk away recently. I miss the support, and feel lost. I have been slipping the last week because of no true accountability..

Welcome!!! You'll get all kinds of support here!
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome place to be!!! welcome to the MFP family :0)
  • ladybarometer
    ladybarometer Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Don't know about you, but this place is great in comparison to places like spark people-people would practically attach you there!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I've been on Fit Day (hated it), Spark People (which was OK, but not as supportive), Facebook (where even private groups for fitness turn catty), and then MFP.

MFP is the best, IMHO, for support and friendship. There's always going to be drama, no matter what website you are on, but when you get into the groove of things here it is easy to reach your goals because everyone wants everyone else to succeed (for the most part, even MFP has trolls...)

I wish you the best in reaching your goals!
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! It seriously is a great tool in weight loss. You will like it here!!!
  • sd892310
    sd892310 Posts: 151
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou:

This website is great, i've tried loads of different weight loss websites and forums and never eally settled into any of them or with the weight loss tools, but MFP is so easy to use and all the people here are mega supportive, i honestly don't think i'd still be battling along this journey if it wasnt for MFP and these guys on here!

Good luck with your journey and i hope you find MFP as supportive and helpful as the rest of us :happy:
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Well then Honey, Welcome Home:wink: , looks like you've found a new one that's a better fit.!:drinker: We'll have our little quirks like any place on the Net but we're a good bunch, a terrific site with awesome tools and fantastic support, out of all the rest, we're absolutely the BEST!:smooched:

So sorry you ran in to drama elsewhere but great to have you aboard MFP now!:flowerforyou:

I've never joined up and used other sites other than really enjoying all the articles on Spark from time to time, I've found what I need here. :heart:
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    This place is amazing for support, but its also easy to avoid if you dont want to chat to anyone. I never find that personally though, but this is different to an actual forum. I LOVE it here!
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I've experienced no catty problems with MFP. So, welcome! If you 5'4 or under consider joining my girls:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/282336-ladies-5-4-and-under-join-the-little-diamonds

fuchsia-i-love-diamonds-by-wam-tanks.png
  • VaBeachNurse
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's great here!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I think you'll really enjoy it here. There's occasionally a little drama, but it's very short-lived as those posts get zapped by our mods. ;)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Welcome. I find this site very supportive, but you must understand that there are dramaz every where on the interwebz.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! Such a great group of folks. :flowerforyou:
  • TisMeMuse
    TisMeMuse Posts: 16
    Options
    mod? whats that lol! Yeah, they never existed on the last site.. I am soo glad to see so many agreeing that the drama is limited on this site! makes me feel more at peace with that idea ;)
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm looking for friends on here that are serious about weightloss & motivating each other. Please feel free to add me :0)
  • chiyuu
    chiyuu Posts: 13
    Options
    Hello and welcome :)
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    Welcome! I echo what everyone else is saying, this place by far is the best as far as getting support and answers and just finding some community!