Too many cals today, so a deficit tomorrow ok?

Options
bonniejo
bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
I knew I'd be over on cals today (sushi party :smile: ) so I went a bit under yesterday (about 200) and would like to do the same tomorrow to balance out the extra 500 from today. Is that ok?

Replies

• kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'd say yes, just as long as it's not too extreme of a deficit.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I think so. I take the calorie count with a grain of salt. It's not always right and for the most part its an average. i.e. You should have 500 calorie average deficit everyday in order to lose 1 lb a week not have a 500 calorie deficit everyday. The human body isn't a machine. You'll have your up days and your low days. If it worries you, you could work off an extra 500 cals tomorrow if that's possible?
  • Felesina1
    Felesina1 Posts: 142
    Options
    If you count your calories down to the tee everyday, it becomes obsessive/complusive and you loose sight of enjoying life. Sushi party....mmmmmmm so you go over. Even if you don't do a calorie deficit the next day, just get back on track. The body needs a day or two a week when the calories aren't so low to trick the metabolism from getting into a "groove" with the same amount of calories everyday. This tricking not only gives you the mental and food break to enjoy extra (within moderation), but it also helps keep your metabolism up (in combo with exercise)! So a 500 cal deficit is huge.... is being hungry worth it versus just getting back on track? Only you can answer this question.
  • catecn
    catecn Posts: 84
    Options
    i think thats the way to go as long as its not a common occurance. if you do it a lot itll start to mess with your metabolism
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    If you count your calories down to the tee everyday, it becomes obsessive/complusive and you loose sight of enjoying life. Sushi party....mmmmmmm so you go over. Even if you don't do a calorie deficit the next day, just get back on track. The body needs a day or two a week when the calories aren't so low to trick the metabolism from getting into a "groove" with the same amount of calories everyday. This tricking not only gives you the mental and food break to enjoy extra (within moderation), but it also helps keep your metabolism up (in combo with exercise)! So a 500 cal deficit is huge.... is being hungry worth it versus just getting back on track? Only you can answer this question.

No, not quite 500, I'm thinking just 200 or so. I did about a 250 deficit yesterday, and then 250 or so tomorrow and I'll make up for it I figure, but split over two days. Also I kinda pigged out on the whole weekend of the 4th lol, so I feel like I need to atone for this one. But yeah, the sushi was great! We even made Frushi (fruit sushi) which was delicious!
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist said the calorie deficit for the week is what actually matters, so if you aren't starving and you decide to eat less, go for it :) Just don't let yourself be hungry!