New to posting, hi all :-)

Options
Hi,

I've been on MFP for a few weeks now (and so far so good!) but I haven't ventured onto the message boards before.

I'm Louise, 32 and from England. My weight loss journey started last autumn, but I have battled with weight since I was 7 years old (when my mum first sent me to weightwatchers!) and my weight has yo-yoed ever since.

This time around I started at around 259lb (last September) and I'm now down to 192 - I'd like to get down to around 168 ideally. I'm trying to focus more on my self esteem/acceptance issues and its going well so far. I'm training to be a counsellor and I really feel that if I can accept myself as I am, then change follows - rather than accepting myself BECAUSE I'm losing weight. I know that seems like its round the wrong way, but it really works for me. I'm losing weight because I feel I deserve to if that makes sense?!

Anyway, it would be nice to get to know some people on here and get some extra motivation :-)

Good luck to everyone! x

Replies

• ohiogirl30
    ohiogirl30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! You need any motivation let me know! I'll be checking in on you if you'd like me to. I need the motivation as well.
  • mackemshazza
    mackemshazza Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, nice to meet you.

You'll get loads of motivation here, you want some, just ask, it's there for you in an instant.

Good luck on your journey.

Feel free to add me as a friend x
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards. We are here to help! Wow, you have come so far already! I'm glad to see you have not given up, and that you've got your eye on the prize! I would love to be part of your support team, so feel free to add me!
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi Louise and welcome to MFP

You will love it on here, loads of encouragement and support from very friendly people.

Good luck on reaching your goal, we are all here to help you on your way, through the good times and the bad

Watch out for the different challenges they have on here as they are great motivators.

Remember to log everything as it really helps and can be a real eyeopener sometimes

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want to

:smile:
  • mummyflippers
    Options
    Awww thank you everyone! x
  • GingerE14
    GingerE14 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi

You have done so well already, I am sure that you will get inspiration from the people on MFP - they are amazing!

I am quite new to MFP and am trying to stick to my calorie allowance as much as I can. I am exercising about 3 times a week but so far, have not lost any weight. I'm obviously doing something wrong :(
  • mummyflippers
    Options
    Sorry you're struggling a bit at the moment gingerE14, do you think now youre exercising more you are putting on muscle so the scales arent showing your good work? Maybe try measuring yourself for a while instead of weighing yourself? How do your clothes feel?

Hope things get easier, keep up the good work!

Louise x
  • brown29154
    Options
    this site is great and you will do GREAT... I used to drink 15 pepsi a day and one day I said thats it and stop...with the help of this site....now Im down 20 and felling good