Problem Area: Thighs - HELP!!!!

Options
I am in need of some help! My 2 biggest problem areas are my stomach and my thighs. The good thing is I am dropping weight really well and evenly all over. I can see a nice difference in the shape and size of my body. I would like to do more to reduce the size of my inner thighs!!! I was once a very athletic person and I continue to have lost of leg and thigh muscle which I like, but the fat has got to go! I would love ideas and tips that will help me with this problem!!

Replies

• msallymae
    msallymae Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    squats! with weights!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I've got the same problem. stomach and thighs are by far the biggest problem I have. I know you can't spot reduce, but I do a body pump class which has a 5 min squat routine and a 5 min lunge routine that has really tightened up the muscles. (but the fat is still on top, better, but still there.) I also do a spinning class in the hopes that I can get biker's legs! I see a change, but it is a slow process. :grumble: Good luck to you!
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Your body will decide where to take the fat from.......so just keep at it.
  • chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options
    i agree, squats with weights, or really any leg exercise w/ weights. i also noticed definite changes in my legs doing single leg presses on that gym machine where you are laying close to the floor (don't know the name :-/) as a former athlete i'm sure you aren't scared of weights! after 3 weeks of personal training focusing just on my legs (2x/week) i noticed a dramatic difference in my thighs even though I hadn't lost a lot of weight. the belly fat...i'm still tryin to figure that out, but i also have another 40lbs to lose <sigh> good luck, keep moving forward :-D
  • EmilyKateAlice
    Options
    My thighs are my worst part too, followed by my stomach. And I have quite toned calf muscles, which makes my thighs look worse...
  • gelato2011
    Options
    i started doing the slim 6 workout video..she seems to targets abs and legs and arms...
  • cool_as_hel
    Options
    Thats is a really good site - how did you find that :)

to be honest i am not doing those sort of excerise maybe i should start x
  • kgagnon7779
    kgagnon7779 Posts: 216
    Options
    Another really good one that works your hamstrings, quads, inner thighs and butt.

Lay on floor, lift your legs up and bend them (like you're sitting in a chair but laying down) and put either a step or an exercise ball under your bent legs. Put your heels on the step. Lift your hips up and down. You can do this with both heels, then do reps with one heel and the other leg in the air and then switch. Then, try to add an 8-10 lb weigh and hold it on your pelvic bone while you're lifting your hips up.

Next one: flip your body around so your elbows are on the step and your knees are on the ground. Make sure you're back is straight and do reps by lifting each leg up to the ceiling.
  • SMCNEIL40
    SMCNEIL40 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My thighs are my worst part too, followed by my stomach. And I have quite toned calf muscles, which makes my thighs look worse...
    [/quote

Me too, even for a larger woman, my calf muscles are toned and well defined, and I just hate the thigh fat, can't (won't) wear shorts!!