needing help with food ideas !

I am stuck....For over 10 years now i have never ate fruits or vegetables...love meats...anything tht would cause me to be this fat, i love !! i just was never taught how to eat right..i need to change that NOW..i have been eating fruits...having a fat free sandwich for lunch and low calories snacks...but dinners and other options for lunch, i am so lost on...I cook what my fiance loves to eat, which he dont care and thinks i am fine how i am. but i am not at all fine with what i look like. will not look in the mirror..please help...i have no idea what to eat that would be healthy for lunchs and dinners...any ideas would be great !!!

Replies

• joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    all your meals should include some form of fat. i throw in avocado for savoury meals but you could sprinkle nuts on top if you want. wraps are easy - just throw in any vegetables you have + some sort of protein and fat. check out this tutorial:

http://movesnmunchies.wordpress.com/2011/03/04/tutorial-luscious-bowl/
  • repochick
    repochick Posts: 40 Member
    www.skinnytaste.com try that website. It is a ton of great meals. Also if you need some support, a great group on FB is called Chubby Buddies. it's private and can only be accessed by members. I have gotten a ton of support and food ideas from there too.

I like that website too because it has the WW points on all the recipes.

Good luck on your journey.
    Jenn
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Feel free to look at my diary for ideas. With exception to this past weekend (out of town guests were here), most of my meals are home cooked.
  • Nell_rose
    Nell_rose Posts: 1
    Hi!

I am new here but have been on the diet circuit since I was 13 years old and am currently a member of a Fitness Camp in Guernsey. They promote healthy eating and exercise daily as part of a lifestyle.

The best dinner you could possibly have is Baked Salmon Filet with Spinach (or any other vegetables you wish) and new or mashed potatoes.

Best lunch are avocado salad with sunflower seeds even though they are high in fats and calories these are good fats so keep your energy up for longer. Best for intense exercising. If the avocado is too many calories can substiute with egg or any fish.

Hope that helps :]
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Unfortunately, "If it tastes good, spit it out," as the saying goes. But really, if you love meat, that's totally fine, but look into healthier choices! Like grilled chicken instead of fried, turkey burgers instead of beef, etc. You don't have to completely cut out all that you love, just think about it in proportions. Cut it in half and save it for the next day! As far as fruit goes, my favorite thing to do is mix apples, berries, and strawberries (cut up) with cinnamon and splenda. It's like a mini, HEALTHY dessert. Can't go wrong with that. Also, you can make smoothies! Just milk, ice, some splenda?, and the fruit of your choice all in a blender. Great stuff. Veggies are never fun, unless you enjoy them... but I would suggest eating celery with peanut butter, or broccoli with light ranch. Get creative where possible! Even boiled veggies with some kind of rice can taste yummy... er... yummier. :P There's this great site, with tons of easy recipes... http://www.skinnytaste.com/ So delicious. Again though, eat whatever you want as long as you are careful with proportions. You want that pasta, have half a cup! Or, do you really want that garlic bread.. fine, but just one! OR, what I have been doing is I cut out my favorite meal in the whole wide world (Buffalo wings) and as soon as I reach my goal, I will treat myself to a nice round at Buffalo Wild Wings. I'm looking forward to it, so I work twice as hard. No matter how much I drool over it! Hope this helps. I'll leave you with my favorite quote... "One reason many people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want MOST for what they want at the MOMENT." So true, right? I have it posted on my fridge :) Good luck!
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Use your food diary to plan and not just log.

Then you can see your calories in advance and make healthier swaps.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    also alot of the quorn range are good meat subsitutes and low calories too! and do taste like meat!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    www.skinnytaste.com try that website. It is a ton of great meals.

just went to that website and everything looks amazing!!!