Cleanse anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I tried the cleanse program because they caught me with the "you won't believe what will come out of you a##". So I did it but I have to tell you it was nothing to get excited about. Either I live a clean, healthy life because nothing out of the ordinary happened except maybe less discretionary income was in my bank account :laugh:
  • sweetie1975
    sweetie1975 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thank you, lots of great ideas! I will try one of these but plan to do this from Monday to Friday as my eating plan is very structured during the week. I'll let you all know which one I've chosen and how it went.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Beans, beans the magical fruit. :wink: Anything high in fiber, just drink a LOT of water with it.

I've never bought into the whole "cleanse" thing. Our bodies are pretty self-cleaning. Eat well, stay hydrated and poop regularly. :laugh:
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    Bump!!!!
  • phany76
    phany76 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree with Kelly eating wholesome natural foods with fiber, lots of water is a good natural way to cleanse. But if you do want something store brought you can by a cleanse at a natural store that sells organic product. I myself do both, and as far as cleansing my body it definitely does that. I usually start my diet with a cleanse and it helps.
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,036 Member
    Options
    Green smoothies and fresh fruits (fresh frozen too for smoothies), 100% fruit juices and vegetables, organic if possible. I use organic greens in the smoothies. Eating organic gets expensive, but I help myself where I can. Beans (canned beans okay, rinse well) and tofu (if you like tofu) for protein. Quinoa and brown rice. Lots of water and drink 8ozs of a detox tea 3 times a day. I use Yogi brand. Probiotics. Green Vibrance is great, buy it from an organic or natural market. Packets will probably cost about $2.00 each. One a day in 4ozs water or juice or add it to your green smoothie. It is full of probiotics and good organic greens powder. Do this for 1 week. Oh yeah, forgot to mention flax seed meal. Add it to your smoothie.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    What she said.

Detox programs are a myth. They are ineffective, most are expensive, and they are a placebo. They have been totally debunked by the medical community.

They are a WASTE OF TIME AND EFFORT.

You are way better off spending your effort focusing on clean living, clean eating, and healthy exercise.

Here's one link that has good data:
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/04/080428170407.htm
    no, it is not some potion it is a diet of clean eating

Isn't that what my post said?

I said clean living, clean eating, and healthy exercise... which covers what you said. ;)
  • Angiebug1969
    Angiebug1969 Posts: 152
    Options
    Beans, beans the magical fruit. :wink: Anything high in fiber, just drink a LOT of water with it.

I've never bought into the whole "cleanse" thing. Our bodies are pretty self-cleaning. Eat well, stay hydrated and poop regularly. :laugh:

So funny! I'm actually doing the Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse now... Today is Day 1. I've done it before, a few times... and it works for me. I'll blog about it when I'm done this weekend. :)