Ice Hockey burns...

Options
1360 calories for 90 minutes?

Has this been verified by anyone?

I play 2-3 times a week, and I don't seem to lose any weight over the winter...

Replies

• Junkers
    Options
    1360 calories for 90 minutes?

Has this been verified by anyone?

I play 2-3 times a week, and I don't seem to lose any weight over the winter...
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    That's probably true!! Those guys hustle...check it out by using a heart rate monitor, the one I use doesn't tell calories but I can factor in my average heart rate by monitoring my rate during my work out and using this online calculator..here's the link

http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm

The reason why you didn't lose weight over the winter is probably because of diet. For years I worked out 3-4 times per week but didn't budge the scale because I ate like a pig. I thought I had earned it since I worked out. Count the calories, add the exercise calories, and you will lose the weight. I am 29 and have never had success until I found this website. For me, it works and it will work for you if you follow it!! Welcome!!!
  • MuttnChewy
    Options
    Well, if I had to guess, I would say it may be your post game beverages that are preventing the weight from coming off.:drinker:

Maybe cut down on those and you will notice a difference.:tongue:

100544.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal[/url

Good luck! From your loving wife.:laugh:
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I think hockey is a little tricky. At games, how much time do you spend on the bench? During practice I always spent a lot of time standing around too. Hard to count calories for a game of basically sprinting! A HRM is a good idea, but I don't know how to do that... mine is a watch and I don't think I could realistically get to it with gloves on.

I played hockey from about age 12 to 21 and at times was playing 4 or 5 times a week. I still managed to gain weight! One of those years, I actually did lose a lot during hockey season. I imagine I must have cut back on calories, too. Good luck! Hope you find the answer b/c I am really curious about it too.
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I always thinned out during hockey season... depends on the type of league, and practices?? I played rep hockey throughout HS, and I was a lot thinner during the winter! Are you going out with the team after? Drinking? Alcohol slows down your metabolism for 3 days after consumption... keep that in mind. Good reason to avoid it during weight loss... slowly bring it back in when you are at your goal!
    :flowerforyou: