Newby

Options
Hi everyone!
My name is Lauren. I am a 25 year old college student and stay-at-home mom to an almost-two-year-old. :)
I have always been a little thick (about 135lbs and 5'3-4 throughout HS and early college) but I really started gaining weight after I started dating my now-husband). Obviously things got worse after we got married and had a baby. Now I am at a miserable 156lbs! I feel so gross and I have absolutely no energy whatsoever. My goal is to lose about 30lbs, and mostly to feel better about myself and like I'm in control.
This website was recommended to me by some very sweet women online (cafemom). I have been on and off different diets and generally never had the time or self-control enough to stick with anything long enough to really lose weight (and keep it off). I'm joining MFP because I want a lifestyle change instead of a diet. Like I said, I want to feel in control of what I eat without having to restrict myself too drastically.
Feel free to message me or friend me or whatever one does on this thing (like I said I'm new, lol). I need all the support I can get!

~Lauren