To All My Raw Vegans: What's for Dinner?

Options
I'm eat a raw vegan diet but because of my hectic schedule, I tend to crash and burn by dinner and I don't know what to eat. Grabbing a fruit doesn't seem to cut it for me. I make my first two meals of the heavier than dinner time because I wind down by then. Do you have any light raw vegan recipes other than salad?

Thanks.

Replies

• sarabelle0
    sarabelle0 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hiya-I am a raw foodist and mostly vegan with an exception for kefir and the occasional raw cheese.
    Are you getting enough protein? I had the same problem untill I started making raw hemp protein smoothies. Those usually replace my night meal since they are so filling! They give me the burst of energy I need without needing more than 5 minutes prep! Good luck.
  • NuevaNatalia
    NuevaNatalia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am getting enough protein, I'm just a bit lazy and tired at the end of the day. I've thought about smoothies and have had some in the evening but I'm looking for meals that require me to chew. I save smoothies for my breakfast.

I will take your advice about hemp. I'll find recipes to make with hemp. Maybe a soup or something.

Thanks!
  • sarabelle0
    sarabelle0 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Maybe oatmeal? I soak the oats for 3 meals worth at a time. Sometimes I stick in the dehydrator for an hour before I eat to warm it slightly and thrown in some fruit. Hassle-free and cheap! Love cheap!
  • NuevaNatalia
    NuevaNatalia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've considered raw oat groats. I may try that. Thanks!
  • BlissfulYoga
    BlissfulYoga Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have been doing more juicing and sprouting and having FUN with it :)
  • glamournanna
    Options
    hello, lovely! i find that eating fruit for breakfast, lunch (and snacks) and having vegetables for dinner works for me. my dinners usually include half an avocado, lots of greens, mushrooms, bell peppers and sprouts. i sprout quinoa and lentils at home for very little cost. the fats in the avocado keep me satiated for quite a long time x