Is it possible?

Options
My goal after Christmas was to lose 10 pounds by February 1st, which is when we are going on a family vacation. It's four weeks away. Is this possible? I have about 13 pounds total to lose, and as far as I understand the smaller you get the harder it is to get the weight off. Do I need to change my goal to maybe 5-7 pounds? I'd rather set it low and be pleasantly surprised than to set it too high and be disappointed in myself. I know I should be able to lose at least 5 pounds but maybe 10 is too high?

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    My goal after Christmas was to lose 10 pounds by February 1st, which is when we are going on a family vacation. It's four weeks away. Is this possible? I have about 13 pounds total to lose, and as far as I understand the smaller you get the harder it is to get the weight off. Do I need to change my goal to maybe 5-7 pounds? I'd rather set it low and be pleasantly surprised than to set it too high and be disappointed in myself. I know I should be able to lose at least 5 pounds but maybe 10 is too high?
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't be impossible. But if you set your goal at 5 (which is a health pound a week) then everything over that would be bonus.
  • tdroseler
    tdroseler Posts: 165
    Options
    Any amount of weight you DO loose before Feb first, is an amount to be really proud of yourself for.

trying to loose 10 lns by then is not impossible, but it could do you more harm than good. 10 lbs/mo=2.5/week. You could find yourself getting discouraged if you don't loos as you want to. Such thoughts can make it harder to loose the weight.

I would suggest trying for 5 or 8 lbs. And you are right, if you loose more, you can give yourself an extra HOORAHH...

I would rather smile like ive got an amazing secret, than cry tears of defeat, personally.

No matter what....good luck, and reap the rewards.