Do you like what you do?

Options
2»

Replies

• Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I work in IT as a technical writer, writing certification and accreditation packages. I would rather be more hands on doing technical stuff, but the job pays the bills and I work with good people.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'm an accountant, and I do not enjoy it, though I don't completely hate it either. I'm a corporate *kitten* - it's all about the money. I'm a CPA and make enough money that my lifestyle would have to alter dramatically to change professions. I love kayaking and gardening, but strangely enough, no one seems enthusiastic about paying me loads of money to do either of those.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'm an accountant, and I do not enjoy it, though I don't completely hate it either. I'm a corporate *kitten* - it's all about the money. I'm a CPA and make enough money that my lifestyle would have to alter dramatically to change professions. I love kayaking and gardening, but strangely enough, no one seems enthusiastic about paying me loads of money to do either of those.

My oldest son is going to be starting his 3rd year in college this fall, and his major WAS accounting...until he took some of the classes. He said is was some boring stuff! Now, he's clueless.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm a Registered Nurse who is currently working PRN (as needed) for the county schools. I love it but I would prefer to get on full time. I'm waiting on a nurse to retire or move. I've done the hospital thing for years and I didn't love it but it payed extremely well. I've found out, for myself, money doesn't mean happiness.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i like my job, its not my dream or anything but its interesting when i have to troubleshoot a locomotive and find why its not working and get to fix it
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    When I'm not at work, I like what I do.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I was a sales trainer for AT&T for many years traveled ALOT loved it!!
    took early retirement (at 36) now part own and operate 2 small tire shops
    love being with the Hubby all the time and dealing with the public
    being my own boss ROCKS!
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I do not necessarily like what I do, but I do like having a stable job and income.

Eventually I will go back to school and finish what I started!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Meh, it's a living. I'm SONET/DWDM tech support for a telecomm company
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    I work for cancer center facility as a financial counselor. I assists families who's having financial difficulties. Athough...it's a tough, sad and stressful situation they're in dealing with their health and all, a simple and sincere 'thank you' I get from them makes me love my job even more...very rewarding!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    When I'm not at work, I like what I do.

I swear I was thinkning the same thing....lol
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    I love my job:) Im an office manager for three surgeons:) We are like one big happy family though, since the two female surgeons are only in their mid thirties and the other male surgeon is sort of like our uncle lol! The only other person that works in our office is one of my closest friends who is the administrative secretary. We are both on salary full time, but only have to be here three days a week, and on the other days, if there is left over work, we just log into our computers from home. Pretty sweet deal:) I've been here six years, and have no plans on leaving.
  • raychybabe
    raychybabe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm a Criminal Justice Drug and Alcohol Worker so I spend my time trying to help others make positive changes in their life and stop having to depend on substances for whatever reason. I find the field interesting, but it's full of politics so can be frustrating at times. However there are good things too. Example

Today one of my clients has turned up to tell me she attended the college interview I arranged for her and has enrolled on a literacy/numeracy and admin course.

My other client is still homeless and I have exhausted all options trying to source housing and he has disclosed he has also been using illegal drugs for the past 2 years as well as his alcohol addiction, so that was another issue to sort out today.

swings and roundabouts!

But I do like what I do, although it doesn't pay nearly enough as it should for the effort/stress involved!