30 Day Shred

Ok, I started the 30 day shred yesterday and when I went to log the exercise I did, I could not find it. Does anyone know what I need to log the exercise as on here for how many calories I burned? I did the first level on the DVD that was a 20 minute workout. (I just got it yesterday and loved it- well worth the money)

Replies

• lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    I log it as circuit training - general

If you have a HRM you can log it as its own exercise.
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Log it as cursiut training.

Here's a group that is doing the shred for July. Some have just started, some are moving up the Lvl2. We'd love to have you join us.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/275770-30-day-shred-group-july
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    I started it yesterday, too! I noticed it wasn't on here so I added it myself. I use a heart rate monitor so I got the exact number of calories I burned through the workout.
  • kylies1219
    kylies1219 Posts: 80 Member
    It's not on here because the calories burned are different for everyone. The best way to monitor is with a hr monitor that counts calories. I'm hopefully getting one today but for now I log it as 18 minutes of calisthenics. I noticed alot of other people also log it as circuit training.
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    I log it as circuit training - general

If you have a HRM you can log it as its own exercise.

That's what I did. I just added my own "30 DS" catagory and use my HRM for calories burned. Good luck...my arms have been sore since I started! :tongue:
  • kylies1219
    kylies1219 Posts: 80 Member
    It's not on here because the calories burned are different for everyone. The best way to monitor is with a hr monitor that counts calories. I'm hopefully getting one today but for now I log it as 18 minutes of calisthenics. I noticed alot of other people also log it as circuit training.

Just fyi, I just put in 18 minutes of circuit training instead of calisthenics (like I usually use) and it's only a difference of 3 calories burned so I guess it doesn't really matter what you choose to log it as (circuit traing or calisthenics).