No progress in pictures.

TayJoMama
TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
edited September 29 in Health and Weight Loss
OMG, how is it that I've lost over 20 pounds, my clothes are loose, everyone says they can tell I've lost a lot of weight and yet in the pictures taken in the past week, i still look like I have a long way to go. What's up with that? I only have about 30 to lose, yet in pictures, to me, I still look like I haven't lost very much. How does that happen? That's a little upsetting:grumble:

Replies

• Sometimes the results aren't obvious until the second hald of your weight loss. The farther "in" you go, the more you'll see it. If your clothes are loose, you've made progress! If you took before measurements, you should take your measurements again and see how it all adds up. You're doing great! Just keep at it!
  • chiyuu
    chiyuu Posts: 13
    Maybe YOU don't see the difference because you judge yourself way to hardly. And it depends on the kind of pictures you are taking.

Do you have the same position on all pictures? Taken with the same clothes? With the same light? At the same place?

If not, then that may be the reason. If you want to compare, all pictures must have been taken within the same context. Otherwise, it's very hard to see the difference.

Believe me, 20lbs is a lot and it does show!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    OMG, how is it that I've lost over 20 pounds, my clothes are loose, everyone says they can tell I've lost a lot of weight and yet in the pictures taken in the past week, i still look like I have a long way to go. What's up with that? I only have about 30 to lose, yet in pictures, to me, I still look like I haven't lost very much. How does that happen? That's a little upsetting:grumble:

You sound like me! This is exactly what I've been thinking/feeling lately only mine isn't in pics, it's when I look in the mirror. I feel like I look exactly the same, but clothes/measurements prove differently, and people say they notice a big difference... When will I notice that big difference? *sigh* We're about at the same place in our weight loss too, I've lost just over 20lbs and have about 30 more I want to lose. I guess I'll just keep plugging away...
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    You sound like me! This is exactly what I've been thinking/feeling lately only mine isn't in pics, it's when I look in the mirror. I feel like I look exactly the same, but clothes/measurements prove differently, and people say they notice a big difference... When will I notice that big difference? *sigh* We're about at the same place in our weight loss too, I've lost just over 20lbs and have about 30 more I want to lose. I guess I'll just keep plugging away...
    Glad to hear I'm not alone. My measurement have been the same for a little while. But I'm hanging in there!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,324 Member
    I hate pictures!! I never ever take a good one
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    It's always like that when you look at yourself. Don't worry though one day you're gonna look in the mirror and say damn I look good when did this happen lol. Just keep at it and it'll come.
This discussion has been closed.