FRUSTRATED...HELP!

Options
I am getting so frustrated! I have been using this site since June and have only lost two pounds! I think that part of the problem is that my BMI is at 24%, and I have plateaued. My goal is to get to 20% BMI.

I am eating the calories that the site recommends, with an oopsie day only about once a week, and not that much over at that. I'll go over by 100 calories or so. Only once did I go way over when I went to a social a few weeks ago...since mid-August. I am eating lots of veggies and fruits, with 1-2 3 oz. servings of chicken, fish or beef per day. I am getting my water in as well. I've stopped artificial sweeteners and have reduced most things with high fructose corn syrup.

To step things up, I am doing a boot camp at 5 am, taking my daughter to school, and then walking another 4-6 miles on hilly terrain. I am burning about 800 calories a day, and I am eating those calories. I've tried adjusting up and down with no change.

Any suggestions would be great! I'm starting to think about investing in the body bug, or asking for it for Christmas! I'm frustrated and at l loss...HELP!

Replies

• Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    I am getting so frustrated! I have been using this site since June and have only lost two pounds! I think that part of the problem is that my BMI is at 24%, and I have plateaued. My goal is to get to 20% BMI.

I am eating the calories that the site recommends, with an oopsie day only about once a week, and not that much over at that. I'll go over by 100 calories or so. Only once did I go way over when I went to a social a few weeks ago...since mid-August. I am eating lots of veggies and fruits, with 1-2 3 oz. servings of chicken, fish or beef per day. I am getting my water in as well. I've stopped artificial sweeteners and have reduced most things with high fructose corn syrup.

To step things up, I am doing a boot camp at 5 am, taking my daughter to school, and then walking another 4-6 miles on hilly terrain. I am burning about 800 calories a day, and I am eating those calories. I've tried adjusting up and down with no change.

Any suggestions would be great! I'm starting to think about investing in the body bug, or asking for it for Christmas! I'm frustrated and at l loss...HELP!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

im not a personal trainer but try strength training that helps burn fat- it seems like you are doing alot of cardio. weight training helps alot and burns crazy calories along with cutting inches. with being already 24% body fat its gonna be harder cause your body is content
  • Fit2btied
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! I will increase my weights and see what happens!
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    maybe you aren't eating enough, maybe you should increase your calories by a couple hundred per day. If you only have 10 or 12 lbs to lose, your body doesn't want to starve itself to death, so if you are keeping your calories around what your BMR requires, it won't let you lose weight.
  • Fit2btied
    Options
    I may try that again and see what happens. Eat more and weight training...I've got nothing to lose but weight!;)