anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    what would be your biggest life regret

That I put off going to lunch by 5 minutes
  • hkrosez
    hkrosez Posts: 53
    Options
    No regrets...

But, I'd want to die in the middle of ******* you...

AWESOME POST!!
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    No regrets..... just on to the next life
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I would regret that the French never got another good *kitten* kicking off The British
  • BobertC
    BobertC Posts: 123
    Options
    I would miss out on the zombie Apocalypse. and I'd like to be there to help my kids grow up.
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I would regret never experiencing that special love that exists between a man, a woman, another man and a shetland pony.

Classic,

I have no regrets, everything happens for reason.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Not following my dreams when I was younger....didn't help that I wasn't encouraged to do so either I guess..lol
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Someone once told me they didnt have any regrets because those things that happened or the choices you made are what made you who you are today.

I've heard that, too, and I think it's a cop-out for people who've done a lot of screwed-up things and just want to feel less guilty about all the mistakes they've made. If you've never done anything you wish you could take back, something is seriously wrong with you.

As for me, if I died in the next 5 minutes, I'd regret that it happened at work and not while I was doing something really awesome and fun.
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Someone once told me they didnt have any regrets because those things that happened or the choices you made are what made you who you are today.

I've heard that, too, and I think it's a cop-out for people who've done a lot of screwed-up things and just want to feel less guilty about all the mistakes they've made. If you've never done anything you wish you could take back, something is seriously wrong with you.

As for me, if I died in the next 5 minutes, I'd regret that it happened at work and not while I was doing something really awesome and fun.

I hear what you're saying, but the fact is, although everyone would like to take something back that they've done, what good is it to regret? You can't take it back, so it is wasting precious time to sit and feel guilty about it.

Now to totally contradict what I just said, I would regret not taking more risks in life--getting up and dancing more, trying new things, and getting out of my comfort zone in general.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Having lost my brother two weeks ago, I find this topic morbid and complete out of place, even in the Chit-Chat section.
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    I would regret spending my last 5 minutes on mfp and not off eating ice cream or something fun.

And of course not being there to see my daughter grow up. I don't plan on going anywhere any time soon.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I hear what you're saying, but the fact is, although everyone would like to take something back that they've done, what good is it to regret? You can't take it back, so it is wasting precious time to sit and feel guilty about it.

So that you are reminded of why you shouldn't have done it in the first place and should never do it again. To turn the "Well, it's made me who I am," logic around, what if someone was contemplating doing a terrible thing and decided to do it because "It'll make me a better person?" Making mistakes doesn't make you a better person if you refuse to accept that what you did was wrong, and that's exactly what not regretting a mistake is.

I'm not saying you should spend the rest of your life in agony and thinking you are worthless because you once did something stupid. I just think it shows an incredible lack of emotional maturity to say you wouldn't change anything about your past because it made you who you are today. Maybe you could've been someone better if you hadn't done so many stupid things.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I guess my only regret would be that I died at work instead of having my family around me. I'd be in Heaven so there's nothing else to regret. Can't wait to see my Honey, George. :happy:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Having lost my brother two weeks ago, I find this topic morbid and complete out of place, even in the Chit-Chat section.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

I don't think Gramps knew about that, though. I suspect he was just trying to get people thinking.
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options

I am sorry for your loss, however, I am sorry I disagree with you about the topic. It is not morbid not inappropriate.

I don't really believe in regret, but I would hate to miss the opportunity to tell my friends and family how much they really mean to me. I would tell my husband and daughter that they are the most important people in my life and how much I truly love them and I would give my puppies a kiss goodbye.

I would also tell one certain person to F off.

(edited for spelling)
  • AussieFirebird
    AussieFirebird Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have no regrets - I'm a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kinda girl, and if I want something, or want to do something...I just do it! Life is an amazing gift!

To MYPROGRESS2010 - I am so very sorry for your loss xx
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'd regret that i'm so painfully shy and all the things that i've missed out on because of it.
  • ziggiezed
    ziggiezed Posts: 36
    Options
    Never experiencing real love
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I don't have any regrets. I've done a lot of cool *kitten*.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Not eating the effen donut! Lmao!

Other than that I don't regret anything.