Major breakthrough!! with Measurements!!

Options
Hey all, I would post pics but having no success! So I figured i would use measurements to encourage myself and anyone who reads this!!

First My measurements, Then I will tell you what I did:

Before: current: Inches Lost:

Neck 12 3/4 12 3/4

Bust 37 35.5 1.5

Waist 32 30 2

Belly Button 38 35 3

Hips 43 41 2

Thigh 24.5 23.5 1

Arm 12 11 1(each)

Total Inches Lost: 13.25!!!!! :happy:
With a Weight Loss of 10 pounds!

Now for the "What did you do?" A LOT of hardwork, inside and out! I had started this journey right after I had my son in Jan of 2010 (not with MFP) lost some weight, but did not deal with the real problem I had.....An unhealthy relationship with food! I used food for many reasons, Boredom, sadness, happy, socializing, all of it. Growing up I learned this from my father, that food needs to be a part of all of that stuff...(Only then it wasnt a problem because i could eat anything and not gain anything!).
A Book that I read called "Reshaping it all" by Candance Cameron Bure (former full house star), who plays Summer on "Make it or Break it". It was the drastic wake up call I needed! Chapter after chapter it was as if she was speaking right to me, how I use food for WAY more then what its supposed to be Fuel for my body! She gave so MANY helpful tips! This allowed me to really see why every other time i had tried to lose weight it hadnt worked, I was not really going after the cause just a symptom!
Okay, now the nuts and bolts of how I did it,
Portion Control #1!!! This was a big one, eating healthy options and stopping when i was satisfied(not full!) little to no greasy food, little to no fast food, LOTS of salads with chicken! Lots of veggies with meals!
Drinking PLENTY of water! I cut out almost all pop, ( allow it but it HAS to fit into my cal. allowance!)
Exercise- 30 Day shred, AWESOME!!! I am becoming shredded and loving it! My guns are coming back and I FEEL so strong!
Exercise 2- Bicycling, Husband and I along with out two sons go on bike rides, SO i am pulling my 21 pound son in a 20 pound buggy cart on rides ranging from 5 to 30 miles! (depending on our schedule!) Avg speed ranges from 10-13 (thats over the entire ride)

The combination of these two activities has really began to reshape my body! I am so excited to continue and see just how ripped I can get my body! I have had two kids, One 19 months and the other 5 yrs. I want to be one of those women that people cant believe i have had kids!

Thank You for taking the time to read, and I hope this can help someone along their journey! For me it will always be a journey, My journey now is Fat Loss and toning, next it will be continuing my toning and helping others with their weight loss, teaching my children healthy relationship with food and how to stay fit!

My husband has such a support to me through all of this :love: , being supportive and being that voice in the back of my head when i needed it!
Good Luck on all your journeys and enjoy the journey!

Replies

• emilyr9602
    emilyr9602 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    awesome job! keep it up...it definitely sounds like you're on the right track!

I love the shred too =)
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!! Thank you for sharing! It's nice to hear how people are succeeding. Good luck on reaching your goals :)
  • lambchop1042
    lambchop1042 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! And thank you for posting. I think portion control is probably one of the biggest steps for Americans to take to lose weight permanently. Very inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!