Anybody else not care how much they weigh as long as they lo

Replies

• Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    I just want to look good and feel good. I really don't care about a number. I chose 130 cause I figure if I weigh 130 I will for sure look good!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    what does CW mean on weight loss goals?

Current Weight
  • Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    I don't really give a damn about my numbers!!! I just want to look good naked and be able to hang in anything athletic I do. That's pretty much it as for how much I weigh it doesn't matter. If I'm 220lbs or 180lbs to me it's just a number I'm not too concerned about.

Of course. I do care when I need to make weigh-ins though... and of course, the number makes for an easily quantifiable way of tracking progress.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    I actually haven't weighed myself in weeks, possibly months and I'm happier than ever. I measure my results by how I look, how my clothes fit, my strength, my endurance and I've been seeing improvement and success in all these areas.
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Until I figure out [and can afford to buy] a reliable method for measuring bodyfat%, the scale is my god. I'm also not within 20 pounds of my ideal weight, by a long shot. Once I'm there, I intend to rely solely on BF%.

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • adamswife01
    adamswife01 Posts: 95 Member
    I am not as stuck on my weight as much as my size 3 pants, that I want to fit into..... Thats my goal:wink:
  • stephnsuarez
    stephnsuarez Posts: 68 Member
    omg Scott I COMPLETELY hear you! And in your exact words! "I just want to look good naked" LMAO That is exactly what I told my boyfriend when he told me I was stressing too much about losing pounds haha no one gets it! I don't give a crap about the number until I look in that mirror and like what I see! :)
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    I'm with ya.
  • Phanessa917
    Phanessa917 Posts: 100 Member
    Yup, I just want to feel good when I slip on a sexy dress and it FITS.... but that also means, the numbers going down on my scale! :P Of course, the number isn't as important.
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    For now I use the scale as my guide because I have over 60 lbs to lose, but ultimately it's about inches lost, muscle gained and how my clothes fit. As I get closer to my goal I will pay less attention to the scale and more attention to my appearance. My goal weight is at the high end of normal anyway.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    My doc wants me to be between 130-140. I would be comfortable with 135..or be at the point where nothing jiggles anymore. ....I would be happy with that. Doc also wants me to be a size 4..but I got hips..with or without the fat..so I dont think that is feasible for me..but just not to be like jello anymore :)
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    I don't own a scale, never have, never will. I have been weighing myself at work and won't be back there for 6 more weeks, so won't weigh myself again until then. To me it's more about how I look and feel. I want to fit into my "skinny" clothes and stay there! I want to feel that I have more energy, flexibility, and stamina. I want to be healthy! None of that has to do with a number.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    omg Scott I COMPLETELY hear you! And in your exact words! "I just want to look good naked" LMAO That is exactly what I told my boyfriend when he told me I was stressing too much about losing pounds haha no one gets it! I don't give a crap about the number until I look in that mirror and like what I see! :)

Lol yep When i look in the mirror and say i'd hit that. Then I'm where I wanna be haha
  • red_hatorade
    red_hatorade Posts: 166
    I care but at the same time I don't. My main goals are to come off my blood pressure medicine and feel better about myself. I was happy at 180lbs, but was considered overweight. I didn't care because I felt and looked good at 180lbs. Right now I'd be happy to get down to 200lbs. I'll probably never look good naked after a gain of 80lbs and having a baby.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Lol yep When i look in the mirror and say i'd hit that. Then I'm where I wanna be haha
    [/quote]

How about when I look at you and say " I wanna hit that"?? lol
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Right now its a numbers game and it has been since I started losing but once I drop another 10-20lbs then i will start worrying about toning up and looking good naked. Once I am in the range of 185-200lbs it will be about the looks and maintaining not about the weight.
  • Scarletblue
    Scarletblue Posts: 255
    I don't care what the scale says, but I do weigh myself. When I joined this the first time my goal was 130-135 but I was happy at 140 and just tried to maintain from there and failed miserably by the way. So here I am again and I do wiegh myself because it is the best way for me to see if I am gaining, losing or maintaining the wieght sneaks up on you I swear oneday I fit my clothes and the next I was nearly 2 pant sizes bigger I have to believe if I was wieghing myself I would have seen I had went up 5 lbs and worked harder to not gain.
  • imjustlisa
    imjustlisa Posts: 79 Member
    i weigh myself day, night, midday omg it is ridiculous because all it seems everyone labels themselves as height and especially weight. I agree with you and will hide my scale for a while because it is becoming a beast in my bathroom. Thank you for your post!
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    I'm the same way!

I just wanna look good. I think I'm going to start measuring myself along with tracking my weight. I care more about the inches than pounds any day.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Yeah, I'm sort of just aiming for what's considered a healthy weight for me, but I intend to stop when I'm satisfied with how I look and feel. That's all I want.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!