Chocaholic on board

scotsgirl
scotsgirl Posts: 3
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, I have decided to do this as I keep on piling on the pounds and have found that no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to cut down on chocolate.

I have been trying to exercise regularly, but have recently given up smoking so I have been snacking more than ever. Thought if I did this it may shock me into realising just how many calories I consume when I have 10 chocolate biscuits with my coffee (840!!! - I knew it was a lot but I did not realise it was that much)

Replies

• Hi everyone, I have decided to do this as I keep on piling on the pounds and have found that no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to cut down on chocolate.

I have been trying to exercise regularly, but have recently given up smoking so I have been snacking more than ever. Thought if I did this it may shock me into realising just how many calories I consume when I have 10 chocolate biscuits with my coffee (840!!! - I knew it was a lot but I did not realise it was that much)
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    I crave chocolate also!!! I literally had to throw the bag of chocolate chips in the dumpster before i munched the whole bag away!!!
    I bought some fat free hot chocolate only 25 calories, and some chocolate and carmel sugar free cream savers hard candy!!! They both taste way good and help!!:smokin:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    I'm a huge chocolate fan during that TOM and then I came here and heard about Nutella. Mmm...mmm...good stuff! But just over the weekend, I've added another hazelnut spread to the database - it's the Kroger knock-off of the same stuff. The Kroger brand has less calories, less sugar and well...less everything than the Nutella. A tablespoon of the Kroger hazelnut spread along with a cracker or two or on a slice of whole wheat bread is a great chocolate fix for me.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    00020121.gif
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    00020121.gif
    Thanks!:yawn:
  • I too have the dreeded chocolate cravings,:sad: or the must have :ohwell: , or what ever you want to call it. I use to eat a whole gal. of chocolate ice cream literally in 2 day's. :angry: And then there was the shakes and the cake balls, well you get the picture. Well for me what has worked is green seedless grapes. They are sweat and is great for you and not alot of cals. I eat them frozen with splenda on them or just straight from the fridge. But when all else fails I do give in but I will only have about 3-4 small bites and the rest goes outside in the trash.
  • Thanks for all the great tips - I'm definately going to try to find the Kroger Hazelnut Spread as one of my favourite snacks is rich tea biscuits dipped in nutella with a nice cup of tea! MMMMMmmmmmm. I think the key is moderation and I need to just have a little bit of chocolate instead of binging on every last drop of chocolate in the house.

....................Just googled Kroger and have discovered that it is a store in America - so I can't get it here. The quest is on to find a low fat alternative to Nutella that I can get in the UK
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    ....................Just googled Kroger and have discovered that it is a store in America - so I can't get it here. The quest is on to find a low fat alternative to Nutella that I can get in the UK

Oh no. That's too bad. I didn't see where you were from or perhaps I was so excited at my find over the weekend I just had to share. I'm sure you'll find some alternative though. :wink:
This discussion has been closed.