NSV and SV- first victory Post!

Options
No pics yet, sorry!
But I have to admit that today is the first day I checked in on myself to see how I am doing.

I went to the Dr's on 5/25 and weighed in at 256lbs, more or less.
I went back to the Dr. yesterday and that 250 marker, was TOO much on the scale, I was right on the edge. So she wrote me down at 250! My goal is to be down to 238 by August 20th for a college reunion I have (last year at the reunion I weighed 225-boo!)

So all in all I have lost approx. 6 lbs. I have stayed off a scale because I have had a hard time in the past with "scale issues". I found out I am vit D deficent and low thyroid- which I start medication for next month. But I sitll prove it is possible to lose lbs and it isn't my thryoids fault!!

But that really isn't the victory to me, this is my victory:

I have lost 3 inches, yup 3 whole inches from my waist!!
I have lost 3/4 of an inch from my neck.

My necklaces actually hang a tab bit longer- enough for me to notice!

--I had particularly good eating habits before, but issues with moderation. I have begun moderating my food intake, not having 2 helpings, asking for 1/2 of my meal to be put into a take home box when we go out.

And a HUGE NSV for me is that my fiance and I used to go out to our fav. italian rest. and each order the chicken parm once a week as our "treat" to ourselves. INcluding the bread in the basket etc.
We went to the same place last week, split a salad, split a cheese pizza- and each had enough to take home as leftovers!! I mean we took home at least half the pizza. This has never happened before :)

Replies

• Slavic_Spice
    Slavic_Spice Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Great job! I know for me, it was inches before the scale moved. And the inches are more noticeable, right? Congratulations!
  • divadoll41
    divadoll41 Posts: 188
    Options
    awesome! KEEP IT UP!
  • OnlyGodCan
    OnlyGodCan Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thats great girl
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!