Working mom just starting out

I just came across this website and am really excited about the possiblities it offers...and the fact that it is free!

I am a working mom of 3 (18 month b/g twins and an 11 yo step-son). I know that I need to lose weight both to feel better about myself, fit into my clothes, and for my health but I'm having a hard time getting started. Hopefully this site will help.

I'm probably picking the worst time to start since we are traveling this weekend, but hopefully I will at least exercise each day and try to eat as good as I can.

I look forward to exploring this site more and getting a good start on my weight loss journey.

Replies

• Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Im a working single mom of 1 so I know how hard it is to find time and balance family and work with workout time. You can always just focus on healthier eating on vacation and start hardcore when you get back!
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Awesome for joining. I love it. I'm a new mom, work full time and trying to balance life in general. Still learning but loving this site and all the new friends I made. Add me if you want We can motivate each other!
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Hi and welcome,
    You've definetly come to the right place for support and motivation!
    Good luck to you on your journey, sounds like you have a very healthy outlook.

Please feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    I also have three kids 8, 3, and 2. they keep me very busy. I am lucky enough to have the summers off so i can be with them. I love this site and find it so very helpful. You will loe it too!
  • janeosu
    janeosu Posts: 140 Member
    welcome, im a twin mommy too...there are a lot of us on here! feel free to add me! you will love mfp!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    it's definitely hard to find time to work out while working and raising kids!!! carve the time out and stick to it!! you will get the results you want and the whole family will be happier. (my husband always says, a happy wife means a happy life!)
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member

I'm probably picking the worst time to start since we are traveling this weekend, but hopefully I will at least exercise each day and try to eat as good as I can.

The best time to start is right now! You don't need to fix everything all at once, but take it one choice at a time. Each time you can make a choice, choose the healthier option. If you don't, that is ok because another opportunity to choice will come up quick. Enjoy your trip and Welcome! This site is really great. :flowerforyou:
  • Meag83
    Meag83 Posts: 43 Member
    I'm a mother of 3 also. 5 (boy), 7(girl), & 9 (girl). I work full time out of the home and part time inside the home (thanks to a great husband, dad, & friend - who shared the responsiblities with me). You've pick a great place to start. Don't overwhelm yourself by doing everything at once. Work at this journey in managable pieces. I've just resently re-committed to this weight lose goal of mine.

You'll do great!
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Welcome!! I am a working mom to 3 little ones. My youngest is just about 15 months old (girl, I have a 3.5 year old girl and a 5 year old boy. I work full time outside the home and it is rough balancing work/commute/family/exercise. My husband is in the military and will be leaving soon for over a year. That will probably be me toughest challenge. I hope to have made significant progress by the time he leaves so that I will have that motivation to keep going.