Women's reg. sizes-what weight did it for you?

Options
13»

Replies

• katharine1980
    katharine1980 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    im currently 198 and i wear a size 12. i think weight and also how many inches lost determine size, b/c for awhile i was losing the wt but it didnt affect the size of my clothes rt away but litte by little it did. At 252 i was a size 18. Hope this helps
  • rice161
    rice161 Posts: 59
    Options
    This is an even tougher question that just body shape because I can also share that it depends on how you're losing the weight. I lost a lot of weight 6-7 years ago with Weight Watchers but had no idea how to live normally and gained most of it back. It took me until I weighed about 200-210 lbs just to get to an 18W, XL top since I carry most of my weight in my butt and stomach and am 5'4" tall.

This time, with MFP, I'm eating a ton more protein and more calories, but at 237 lbs already can wear most 18W and XL tops... and it's not just that the sizes are bigger! Some are things I kept from before too! Even my Victoria's Secret 40D bra actually fits again already! Gives me hope that I'll see some sizes I didn't make it to last time. Previously, at 170 lbs, I was a size 14 and some tight 12s last time. We'll see where it goes this time permanently and a whole lot healthier too! Good Luck!
  • kammmmay
    kammmmay Posts: 3
    Options
    Im 5'2, when I started in Jan 2011 I was 205 and wore a size 16. I lost 20-25 pounds and that is when I moved out of plus sizes. Today I weigh 152 and can wear a size 10.

I'm 5'2" and weigh 150, yet size 10 is still too small for me. Amazing how different builds affect size:ohwell:

Oh yeah! I have no butt, so I wear smaller pant sizes than most people my size, but I am big in the chest, so dresses and shirts are on the larger range
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hey 5'2" at my HW just under 230 I fit about a 16 (stretch jean) some 18s....
    When I got to 185 I fit about a 11/12...
    I am 165 now and can fit in to 9/10 ( & medium shirts)

Also Like everyone else says it depends on your build. I carry most of my weight in my torso and I use to do track & feild and cross country so I've been told my legs are pretty muscular.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I don't remember exactly, because it was a while ago, but I was wearing my first size 14 (regular) before Thanksgiving. I'm 5'4 and I was probably around 180 lbs. then.

Anything with a "w" is considered plus size by the industry. There are 14s, 16s, and 18s that are technically "normal" sizes, and are smaller than 14w, 16w, and 18w. Personally, I consider 14w / 16 and above to be plus sized, so my 14 regulars were what I considered my first "normal" size.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Just curious, what do you guys consider a regular size? I know what size I would like to be, but I honestly don't know what size is considered regular. At my highest I was a 12 & XL, now a size 8 is baggy on me.

At most stores, they dont' carry anything higher than a 16, so anything 18 and above is plus size.
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    What are considered regular sizes vs. plus sizes? I'm 5'2" and weigh 213 and have worn size 16s from 200-239... Even with a lot of variation over the years I've pretty much always been at a size 16.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!