1200 calorie diet

Options
2»

Replies

• SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    My understanding is if you eat back all you burn you will maintain your weight. If you want to lose you wouldn't eat all of them back, but you are able to eat over the 1200 you are allowing yourself. That is my take on things anyway!!

MFP starts you off with a deficit to begin with. If she were to eat 1200 calories a day, and not workout at all, she would lose weight. That is how the site is created.

In saying that...If she eats 1200 + 1000 in workout calories= Her 2200 calories will be be eating at a deficit because the 1000 extra calories has already been depleted.

In saying this....Do whatever the heck it is you want to do. You are going to get 100 people who say they gained 38973459873457435 pounds from doing it, you're going to get 2324349237459732745 other people saying eat them all back.

Personally, when I was eating 1200 calories and not eating my exercise calories, I made myself ungodly ill for the first few weeks. The scale also wasn't moving an ounce.

After much reading (fitness and health literature...NOT diet literature), I figured out it was because my body wasn't necessarily in starvation mode, but it was holding onto every ounce of food I was putting into my system because I wasn't eating enough to function properly as well as workout as hard as I was.

I'm guessing you can figure out what side of the road I stand. I've been zig zagging and eating back exercise calories (to the best of my ability....when I have a high cal day + major cardio, its hard to eat 3000+ calories of good food with feeling sick from too much food) and have lost five pounds in three and a half weeks, 4 1/2 inches of fat, added 1 in of muscle in my arms, and I feel amazing.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    You are an 18 year old male, eat some food but make good food choices. Build those muscles with heavy weights, the fat will fall off don't do just cardio.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    If you're playing football, I would highly suggest you make sure what your body actually needs. 1200 calories for a male seems REALLY low.