Everywhere but my stomach shrinking!!

JamiroJunior
JamiroJunior Posts: 139
edited September 29 in Chit-Chat
Grr! I love that I'm getting smaller around my legs and arms, it's so cool, but my stomach hasn't shrunk and it even feels bigger! It could be water weight or something but I'd love seeing that being a little more toned. Has anyone else ever felt fatter in the stomach in comparison to everything else on your body.

I hate wearing tank tops too! It sucks, I still feel the same from the side. I will never quit, I did once a long time ago, but the results are just working this time around! :happy:

But bleh, I just wanted to complain because everyone at home is sick of me complaining, lol. :tongue:

Replies

• ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Hang in there! Your tummy only looks "bigger" cause everything else is getting smaller. This happened to me when I finally started gaining lean muscle and losing body fat...I went through a "lumpy" looking stage, it's just a transition and it doesn't last long, honest!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    have you tried the 6weeks six pack by Jillian Michaels? I havent tried it..but if it concentrates on just abs..might be worth a shot.
    And I get the whole family is sick of hearing it..I usually do it at the dinner table and tell them how muh calories they are eating...I think they are tired of me..LOL
  • JamiroJunior
    Good, I'm not the only one! :flowerforyou:
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    you know, sometimes I feel the same way too, but then I try on a shirt that I have not worn in a while and think to myself... man I look sexy.... :) give that a try and see how it works :)
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    I have been told (and it seems to be true), that when you start working out, the muscles in your stomach get bigger initially, accounting for the even more rounded appearance of your tummy. But when you stick with it, they will start to tighten and lean up, giving you the flatter stomach you crave!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    I had the same problem!! I didn't feel like I had any in my stomach till I hit 40 pounds lost. I knew it was shrinking but I didn't "see" it for awhile. Keep on keeping on! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • drogheda1
    drogheda1 Posts: 57
    When u lose weight its the last place it comes off....also the first place it goes on!
  • JamiroJunior
    Jillian intimidates me! But if I had the DVD I would do it in a split second!

My mom says I'm obsessed with it, and I don't have to lose anymore because I look good, yeah to her! :wink:
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    My tummy is always the last bit to go; however I read somewhere that jogging is good to lose tummy flab and since I started running mine has definitely shrunk.

All the best!
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    yep, me too! my stomach is so fat i have to wear a size bigger jeans to fit my stomach because everything is mid to low rise now and that lower gut, yuck... anyways my pants are loose in the butt and legs just to fit my dang belly.
  • how long that stage was? :)
  • stephnsuarez
    stephnsuarez Posts: 68 Member
    Oh you are not the only one! I am DEFINITELY in that "lumpy" stage and it is AWFUL! :(
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    how long that stage was? :)

I think my lumpiness lasted about 3 months...hard to stay focused! And then I got knocked up...so much for the 6 pack..lol.
  • JamiroJunior
    Oh, yes! It's just this tank I wore, my belly felt flatter before when I turned to my side but now I look forward and my waist is smaller, but forget the side, it looks bigger! I felt scared!
  • JamiroJunior
    Oh let it be true! If that's so, then all hells about to break loose! LOL :glasses:
  • JamiroJunior
    Thank you! I need this kind of support, I don't get it much from anywhere else!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    I love Jamiroquai, totally unrelated to your question but still had to acknowledge :)
  • JamiroJunior
    :sad: PLEASE FAT GO AWWWWAAAAYYY!

I hate when you look thin but you can still pull from your stomach and you think, "Man! I still have so much to go!"
  • JamiroJunior
    *hi-fives* Not that many fans I know! :) We ought to be friends! :flowerforyou:
  • JamiroJunior
    Great job on your progress, I hope to be as successful as you!
This discussion has been closed.