Labor Day Challenge 2011

Options
Hello everyone! Hope everyone's fourth of July was as amazing as mine was!!! So I was thinking about starting a Labor day challenge to begin on monday the 11th of July and the end on monday the 5th of September. That would give us 9 weeks to kick our butts into shape!!!
On Monday, weigh in with your starting weight and officially declare your goal weight that you would like to achieve for Labor day! In addition to all that I would like you to insert a NWG (non weight goal) and what I mean by that is a goal thats not weight directed. ex. running a mile, or giving up soda for this challenge. The format to follow should look something like this:

SW-

Week 1-
Week 2-
Week 3-
Week 4-
Week 5-
Week 6-
Week 7-
Week 8-
Week 9-

Goal weight-
NWG (non weight goal)-

I know 9 weeks is a long time and as such the replies can get long and you may lose track of all you other posts so I suggest creating one post and coming back each week and editing that same post so it all in the same place. I will do my best to keep messaging each of you and making sure you did not fall off the wagon! We are here for support!! So who is with me????

Replies

• acmgooch
    acmgooch Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello, I'm newish to this site and have not participated in any of the challenges before. I'm in need of something to keep me motivated and I think this challenge may help. So, I'm game.

Week 1-
    Week 2-
    Week 3-
    Week 4-
    Week 5-
    Week 6-
    Week 7-
    Week 8-
    Week 9-

Goal weight-
    NWG (non weight goal)-
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Thanks so much for the challenge! I needed something :)

Week 1-
    Week 2-
    Week 3-
    Week 4-
    Week 5-
    Week 6-
    Week 7-
    Week 8-
    Week 9-

Goal weight- 191
    NWG (non weight goal)- More protein, less carbs!
  • Tmochava
    Tmochava Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in for the challenge. I think 9 weeks is a great amount of time and just in time for my cruise. Thanks so much for starting this! See you guys on the 11th!

SW-

Week 1-
    Week 2-
    Week 3-
    Week 4-
    Week 5-
    Week 6-
    Week 7-
    Week 8-
    Week 9-

Goal weight - 150 lbs
    NWG (non weight goal) - Consume lots of water and go running at least 4 times a week.
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm in... but am I adding wrong because I'm only counting 8 weeks from July 11 - Sept 5 (Labor Day). Or is Week 1 our weight on July 11 and SW is our current weight the day we sign up?

I have been sooooo close to my goal for way too long. I really hope this challenge helps push me there. I REALLY need a good push and this is the perfect time!

SW-

Week 1-
    Week 2-
    Week 3-
    Week 4-
    Week 5-
    Week 6-
    Week 7-
    Week 8-
    Week 9-

Goal weight - 130 lbs
    NWG (non weight goal) - 1400 minutes of cardio (this assumes we have 8 weeks - I'll update if I'm counting wrong).
  • Skmellyg
    Skmellyg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am in!

SW-

Week 1-
    Week 2-
    Week 3-
    Week 4-
    Week 5-
    Week 6-
    Week 7-
    Week 8-
    Week 9-

Goal weight - 190 lbs
    NWG (non weight goal) - eliminate caffeine and run a mile without stopping
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Count me in. We leave for Disney 9-17 so this is perfect. 7-11 would need to be week 1 in order for Labor Day to be on week 9... so I added my SW as of this morning. Hope that's ok.

SW- 172

Week 1-
    Week 2-
    Week 3-
    Week 4-
    Week 5-
    Week 6-
    Week 7-
    Week 8-
    Week 9-

Goal weight- 150
    NWG (non weight goal)- fit into a size 10. Be able to do the elliptical for 1 hour a day (currently can only use it for 15 minutes before ready to pass out)
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    Hello everyone! Hope everyone's fourth of July was as amazing as mine was!!! So I was thinking about starting a Labor day challenge to begin on monday the 11th of July and the end on monday the 5th of September. That would give us 9 weeks to kick our butts into shape!!!
    On Monday, weigh in with your starting weight and officially declare your goal weight that you would like to achieve for Labor day! In addition to all that I would like you to insert a NWG (non weight goal) and what I mean by that is a goal thats not weight directed. ex. running a mile, or giving up soda for this challenge. The format to follow should look something like this:

SW-

Week 1-
    Week 2-
    Week 3-
    Week 4-
    Week 5-
    Week 6-
    Week 7-
    Week 8-

Goal weight-
    NWG (non weight goal)- Run 2 miles straight without stopping!!

I know 9 weeks is a long time and as such the replies can get long and you may lose track of all you other posts so I suggest creating one post and coming back each week and editing that same post so it all in the same place. I will do my best to keep messaging each of you and making sure you did not fall off the wagon! We are here for support!! So who is with me????

Ok so I was informed of a miscalculation with the weeks and all together there is 9 weeks. SW is mon. July 11th and Week 1 is mon July 18th. I fixed it in this quote but the top post still remains as is. Also, since I do not have to edit my posts after I make them much and usually its within a few minutes of posting it, I thought the edit button stayed there, but after some searching I found out the edit button will only stay for about an hour after posting any post. so this means that we will have to make a new reply post each week, but remember that we can always quote our last post so that we can transfer the information to the new reply. If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks and Good luck on this journey!!!
  • TokiDokiGirl12
    TokiDokiGirl12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks for doing this! I am in!!!

SW-

Week 1-
    Week 2-
    Week 3-
    Week 4-
    Week 5-
    Week 6-
    Week 7-
    Week 8-

Goal weight- 162 lbs (pre-pregnancy weight!)
    NWG (non weight goal)- Complete the Couch to 5K training and be prepared to run the 5k on Thanksgiving!!!:tongue:
  • TokiDokiGirl12
    TokiDokiGirl12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks for doing this! I am in!!!

SW-

Week 1-
    Week 2-
    Week 3-
    Week 4-
    Week 5-
    Week 6-
    Week 7-
    Week 8-

Goal weight- 162 lbs (pre-pregnancy weight!)
    NWG (non weight goal)- Complete the Couch to 5K training and be prepared to run the 5k on Thanksgiving!!!:tongue:

I also put this on my profile so you can take a look anytime to check on my progress! Let's do it! We can do this!!!!
  • neela31
    neela31 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    SW-140

Week 1-
    Week 2-
    Week 3-
    Week 4-
    Week 5-
    Week 6-
    Week 7-
    Week 8-
    Week 9-

Goal weight- 135
    NWG (non weight goal)- no binging!!! no depriving!!! watch my sodium

I'm in!
  • acmgooch
    acmgooch Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello, I'm newish to this site and have not participated in any of the challenges before. I'm in need of something to keep me motivated and I think this challenge may help. So, I'm game.

Week 1-
    Week 2-
    Week 3-
    Week 4-
    Week 5-
    Week 6-
    Week 7-
    Week 8-

Goal weight-
    NWG (non weight goal)-
  • jingoace
    jingoace Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    o.k.... I am in too (newbie here, but this gives me "accountability")

SW-176

Week 1- 7/11
    Week 2- 7/18
    Week 3- 7/25
    Week 4- 8/1
    Week 5- 8/8
    Week 6- 8/15
    Week 7- 8/22
    Week 8- 8/29
    Week 9- 9/5 Labor day

Goal weight- 162
    NWG (non weight goal)- Ride horse or bike 5x weekly
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm in
    Sw= 160
    ngw= Running 5k at scottish festival on labor day weekend
  • KayyB13
    KayyB13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm def in! I will bump for Monday though :)
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm already doing a 12 week challenge, but I would like to do the 9 week one too :) I have a few challenges going on, the more I do, the more I'll keep busy! I'm doing a July challenge (my goal is to lose 10 lbs by the end of the month), then I'm doing a 12 week challenge, beginning Sunday until Sept. 30th, and my goal for that is to lose at least 18 lbs (winner of that challenge gets a $50 visa gift card, the challenge itself is on facebook......my final goal weight is to lose 37 lbs and I went for a half way point of 18 lbs), and now this challenge :smile:

SW-

Week 1-
    Week 2-
    Week 3-
    Week 4-
    Week 5-
    Week 6-
    Week 7-
    Week 8-
    Week 9-

Goal weight- 155 (that's 12 lbs from my weight now)
    NWG (non weight goal)- To fit into a size large t-shirt, and size 14 pants/shorts
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Alright, it's Monday - here we go!!! I'm going to update my tickers daily since I think it's going to help keep me going if I can see where I'm at every day. Good luck to you all!

SW- 146

Week 1-
    Week 2-
    Week 3-
    Week 4-
    Week 5-
    Week 6-
    Week 7-
    Week 8-

Goal weight - 130 lbs (I know it's not exactly realistic, but I'm going for it!)
    NWG (non weight goal) - 1400 minutes of cardio.
  • neela31
    Options
    SW-141.5 (gained this past weekend)

Week 1-
    Week 2-
    Week 3-
    Week 4-
    Week 5-
    Week 6-
    Week 7-
    Week 8-
    Week 9-

Goal weight- 135
    NWG (non weight goal)- no binging!!! no depriving!!! watch my sodium
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Happy Weigh in...

Week 1- 172.4 - July 11
    Week 2-
    Week 3-
    Week 4-
    Week 5-
    Week 6-
    Week 7-
    Week 8-

Goal weight- 150
    NWG (non weight goal)- fit into a size 10. Be able to do the elliptical for 1 hour a day (currently can only use it for 15 minutes before ready to pass out)
  • Loveslady2
    Loveslady2 Posts: 13
    Options
    Okay, I will try this. New to the web site and I might as well jump right in with a challenge!

SW- 244

Week 1-
    Week 2-
    Week 3-
    Week 4-
    Week 5-
    Week 6-
    Week 7-
    Week 8-
    Week 9-

Goal weight- 228
    NWG (non weight goal)- Drink More water, Improve eating habits.
  • neela31
    Options
    I'm confused on the weigh in days. Is today week 1 or is it SW and next week will be week 1??