Exercise Resistance Bands

Options
Matiara
Matiara Posts: 377 Member
I started Turbo Jam a couple of weeks ago and there's a new workout on the schedule starting next week. I watched it and a resistance band with handles is used for part of the workout.

I've never used a resistance band with handles before and I don't want one that's flimsy and going to break easily. What are some good, quality brands that I can just pop in a store to buy? I'm also not sure what level of resistance (light, medium, heavy) I should purchase.

Replies

• MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Any of them at Walmart or K-Mart are good, I would get the Blue ones (medium)
  • Balsaboy
    Balsaboy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I almost exclusively use resistance bands for my workouts, but a word of warning -- you want to get a quality product that won't snap or have a handle come apart at the wrong time! So far, hands down Bodylastics wins for me. There are tonnes of online reviews of the products they make, but I can tell you from personal experience that the buckle clips, handles and door anchor are designed to hold up to hundreds of pounds of pressure, and their elastic tubes are impossible to snap. You can order them online in both the US and Canada, and I've seen them sold on amazon too -- my set cost me somewhere around $60 total. They also have daily workouts on their liveexercise.com site, both live and archived. Resistance bands have totally changed the way I workout and I can't recommend them enough.

cheers!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I started Turbo Jam a couple of weeks ago and there's a new workout on the schedule starting next week. I watched it and a resistance band with handles is used for part of the workout.

I've never used a resistance band with handles before and I don't want one that's flimsy and going to break easily. What are some good, quality brands that I can just pop in a store to buy? I'm also not sure what level of resistance (light, medium, heavy) I should purchase.

EliteFTS.com

^Those are some of the best in the business.