Diet pop all you can drink or bad?

Options
can i pound diet pop? it has zero cals like coke zero or does something in it still make you fat?

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I am on the bad side. And I drank lots of Cafeine Free Diet Coke up until Dec. None since and don't miss it.

Water or water alternatives are much better for you. Try cutting back or keeping it as a treat!

Water alternatives = no cafeine, non carbonated and no sugar products.

They are all much more helpful in the weight loss department than any soda or carbonated beverage.

Best of Luck!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    People say that it's worst than drinking the non diet but I like it i guess everything in moderation you know
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    There are chemicals in it so dont go over board.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle. I don't drink it often but sometimes it's TOTALLY what I want/need and then I'll drink a diet soda or even a low cal energy drink. I don't do it every day but probably one a couple times a week hasn't hindered me.
  • ACEgirl1
    ACEgirl1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I say 'moderation in all things'. I am someone who drinks 1/2 to 1 can of soda per day, but I am trying to quit b/c I know that the chemicals in it are not healthy.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    It definitely isn't as good as water for you. BUT. Everything in moderation. I don't personally drink pop, but I do allow myself sugar free energy drinks now and again.
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Diet sodas actually trick your body into wanting to eat more. The fake sugars tell your brain and body that you are about to have a real sugar rush, then when your body realizes that you dont have any sugar to process, it triggers a hunger response.... with that said.. i do down a big gulp a day of diet dr pepper...
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i drink it, but i don't really care that much about the chemicals because i do worse things than drinking pop anyways, i doubt that is how im gonna die!
  • fayeriston
    fayeriston Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have read artifical sweetners cause bloating.
  • tiffanyquincey
    Options
    Its not the best thing to drink obviously, but in moderation I don't see a problem. I make sure I get at least 8 glasses of water then I'll treat myself with a coke zero with dinner.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    There are chemicals in it so dont go over board.

Everything is a chemical ;)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    i love love love diet coke but i stopped drinking it cold turkey in june because it was bloating me...haven't had a sip since :)
  • justavoice1989
    justavoice1989 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I LOVE DIET COKE<3 if i have soda it will be diet coke, but otherwise i drink water or fat free milk (usually with cereal) i wouldnt POUND diet coke like no tomorrow, but i think a can a day is okay! they say its unhealthy for you but cant be too much worse than what we were eating before that got us to where we are huh?! :laugh:
  • Q9S7
    Q9S7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump*emdeegan. Studies have been completed that seem to illustrate artificially sweetened substances interfere with your body's ability to regulate insulin. I won't speak to the other chemicals in diet soda due to my lack of background on them. IMO/Experience if you're trying to simply lose weight an occaisonal diet soda is fine. If you're really trying to lean out, you need to cut it completely (this will allow your body to maintain a more homeostatic state).
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of it, and believe that healthy or not, it's been one of the keys to my weight loss success.

Then again, I also drink a TON of water every day, I definately don't replace water with diet soda, but I do drink a lot of diet soda.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I say bad because aspertame works as a preservative (keeps fat from metabolizing properly). Also, the other additives (like flavors, etc) cause the liver to work harder to remove these impurities from your system. Your liver is the organ you want to pamper (not overwork) when losing weight because it is the one that converts body fat to energy. If the liver is too busy getting rid of toxins, your body will use protein (muscle mass) instead for energy. This is the primary reason people who want to lose weight should avoid processed foods.
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle. I think all things are ok in moderation, except drugs of course. I think every once in awhile is fine. My mother has 1 diet soda a day and she is fit and healthy and looks great. Me on the other hand, if I have one ever I get sick and bloated (soda isn't my thing)
  • xoMissNinaxo
    Options
    I've heard that carbonation interupts the digestion process so I would say cut it out all together. I've stopped drinking pop and I hardly miss it. I've been drinking water, diet V-8 splash, light V-8 fusion, low fat milk and vitamin water... all better options in my opinion. Good luck with whatever you do! :)